• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird for Christmas

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
CAGS do head shaking. What did your vet have to say about that.

I think I hear an echo...what do you think Carole.

Last edited:

Kaylea

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kaylea
She said they are gonna do testing when I take him back for his check up.. they looked him over n did his nails cause they hadnt been done in 7 years...they were leaviing blood dots every time yiu held him they went into your skin... he had just moved in with us, went threw the drive here hour away, flew in the wall the next day..then they toweled him n he had been threw enough...I have him upstairs in a very warm room..and hes doing great...they gave me some treats..for him n Skyler... they really like them...:)

solo

Real Name
jess
your daughter must be so excited !! congrats on your new Addition :xflove: :joyful:

Kaylea

Real Name
Kaylea
Is it normal for a Greys breath to smell bad? Skylers breath and body smells like springtime all the time. but Andys breath stinks m his skin is little dry..you think it would be ok to spray him down? i dont even know if hes had a bath before

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
yes, either spray or figure out if he enjoys taking a shower with you.

Kaylea

Real Name
Kaylea
yes, either spray or figure out if he enjoys taking a shower with you.
Im a little afraid of trying a shower.. he bites n warns u when you even try n get him out of his cage..I have to use a soft shirt for him to step on so he will not freak out..he bites a few times on it then steps up...once out of his cage he fine to step up for anyone..but I dont want him to get spooked n run into a wall again or something worse

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
Then hold off on showers for now and maybe consider later.

Get yourself an empty spray bottle from say WalMart and fill it with water. Ask him if he ever had a shower and if he would like to try one. First aim the spray up so that it falls onto him and watch how he reacts. When I first tried it out on Kalea with a bottle, I would go wheeeeeee which she had started associating that sound to something fun was going to happen. She loves being sprayed with the bottle but not too wild with a regular shower. In the regular shower I figured out none of my 3 like getting their faces wet in there. Donovan is not wild about going into the shower either but Jody does. In fact, don't even bring a bottle close to her as for some reason she hates bottles. If Kalea or Donovan do go into the shower, don't let their facse or Jody's face get wet in there. All 3 hate that.

One more thing you need to do in tiny steps all the while figuring out what he likes/dislikes.

Kaylea

Real Name
Kaylea
Then hold off on showers for now and maybe consider later.

Get yourself an empty spray bottle from say WalMart and fill it with water. Ask him if he ever had a shower and if he would like to try one. First aim the spray up so that it falls onto him and watch how he reacts. When I first tried it out on Kalea with a bottle, I would go wheeeeeee which she had started associating that sound to something fun was going to happen. She loves being sprayed with the bottle but not too wild with a regular shower. In the regular shower I figured out none of my 3 like getting their faces wet in there. Donovan is not wild about going into the shower either but Jody does. In fact, don't even bring a bottle close to her as for some reason she hates bottles. If Kalea or Donovan do go into the shower, don't let their facse or Jody's face get wet in there. All 3 hate that.

One more thing you need to do in tiny steps all the while figuring out what he likes/dislikes.

Ok ty...ill try that :)

Kaylea

Real Name
Kaylea
Well Andy loved the spray down... im hoping it helps his skin. After I sprayed him down I sat down by the vent n held him talking to him...he started flaping his wings... and I sais pretty wings....and then when I said show your wings he would flap again... hes verry smart!!! Hes getting attached to my daughter...he lets her.. hold him close n pet him. He wouldnt let anyone touch him but he would let anyone hold him.

Kaylea

Real Name
Kaylea
I really cant express how much it helps with all of you here caring for each other....My dad is hacing surgery tomorrow and none of my family is up there with him...8 brothers n sisters n not one of them...makes me so angery...im so far away n cant go...my sister has been trying to get money to go..but even tho none of them are going up n they are 20 min away they havnet even offered to help with gas so she can go...its just not right....im sorry im just upset .. :(

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's 100% fine to be upset. This is upsetting stuff. I'm so sorry to hear about your siblings. :(
Best wishes, and plenty of hugs for tomorrow's surgery! :hug8: :hug8: :hug8:

Kaylea

Real Name
Kaylea
It's 100% fine to be upset. This is upsetting stuff. I'm so sorry to hear about your siblings. :(
Best wishes, and plenty of hugs for tomorrow's surgery! :hug8: :hug8: :hug8:
Its my dads brothers n sisters...my aunt couldnt leave n go up cause her mother in law is at her house n shes 87 years old...at 11 last night my sister text me saying my aunt gave her money to go up with dad..im glad he ddont have to have surgery on his own...this is second time hes had heart attack

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Hopefully he'll do well this time too. :)
So glad he has his sister there. :) :hug8: :hug8: :hug8: :hug8: :hug8: :hug8:
Keep us posted. :)

Kaylea

Real Name
Kaylea
My dad is doing well..they did the surgery n said he has a clogged vain..but nit clogged enough to need a stent..my sister took him home tonight..I hope he will be ok at home....ty all for bing here:)

Andy is plucking and im not sure how to stop him from doing it...ive read online diff things..My husband read something about coconut oil??? Ive read bout putting a sock buddy on him n seen it on you tube...but wont he get couggt up in it n hurt him self if he tries to get it off? Im afraid of him falling to bottom of cage..:(

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
So glad to hear your daddy is well!! :dance4: :dance4:

Kaylea

Real Name
Kaylea
Every Morning My Husband goes into our daughters room to wake her up n turns on the light. This morning he went in to wake her up went toward the light n Andy said Dont turn it on!! Lol

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
He obviously understands it, but that's so cute!! :) Do you think he's stress plucking or boredom?

Kaylea

Real Name
Kaylea
He obviously understands it, but that's so cute!! :) Do you think he's stress plucking or boredom?

Im not sure..they said he started after they moved..they were doing alot of construction on the new house..and burning candles n all kinds of things. They didnt know..it could be number of things....he does this weird breathing thing from time to time like he cant ceatch his breath..He also acts like he has a nernous head tick...Doc checked him out n said he sounded n looked fine...im still worried about him tho... its gonna break our hearts if something happens to this little guy..:(