• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird Fair 9/15!

Doctress

Strolling the yard
Is anyone going to the bird fair in Lenexa, KS this weekend?

I’ve never been to a bird fair, I think it will be fun!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Be sure to use extreme disinfection procedures before touching your birds when you come home. Bird fairs can be cesspools of bird diseases.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I'd say check it out with reservations. I go to a local fair to pick up food but the fair also has birds, cages, food, toys, toy parts, etc. 2 tiels & 2 gccs came from this fair with no health issues but I'd highly suggest you are careful about handling any birds. Most people have hand sanitizers at their stands and ask that you use it before handling any of their birds. Change as soon as you get home and throw everything into the wash.

IF this is your first fair, I hope it is a nice one and that you enjoy yourself and see birds you don't have.

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
My enclosed back porch is also the laundry room. So when I come home from a bird fair I immediately strip after coming in the back door and throw my clothes into the washing machine. I leave my shoes back there, and only wear the crummy shoes I use for outdoor work so it's fine if they live in that room. Then I head immediately into the bathroom downstairs and shower.

jujube1209

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Julie
I've been to this bird fair before, and it's pretty small.
I came home with a caique last spring. Luckily everything worked out fine. I'm still debating whether or not I'm going tomorrow.