• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Bird Eye Problem Question

loveyourparrot

Meeting neighbors
Hi Guys!
I adopted 2 Blue Crown Conure Parrots today. The boy has a tiny white dot in his eye. It is not in the pupil but outside of it. It is nothing like a cataract. Does anyone have any experience with weird white dots in an unhealthy bird? I thought it was fuzz at first but it does not move and is stable to the inside of the eye. I will try to post a pic tomorrow. I am letting him adjust today. Thanks!

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
can you take picture please it will helps to see what you are asking about ?

loveyourparrot

Meeting neighbors
Okay guys! Sorry for the delay. Here is the pic. It is at the top of his eye at 10:00 position. Any ideas, let me know. It doesn't seem to both him (Goliath). I wonder if it is a vitamin deficiency. Thanks! IMG_2052.JPG

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
With its location it seems like an abrasion however an abrasion should have resolved within days as eyes heal quickly.

It's not a cataract. I would have a vet take a look.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Also, could be an injury to the eye that has healed over. Only something that a vet can tell you.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
time to see the vet if for nothing else wellness check up.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I hope that it is nothing serious.

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
I have horses as well as birds and one old horse started getting ulcers in his eyes .they looked like that when they were bad but very obviously painful. One really bad one left a white spot after I got it healed.do you think it may have had an infection r injury in the past ?

feathergirl

Walking the driveway
I have horses as well as birds and one old horse started getting ulcers in his eyes .they looked like that when they were bad but very obviously painful. One really bad one left a white spot after I got it healed.do you think it may have had an infection r injury in the past ?

Donna if you are asking me I would not be able to say for sure without seeing it but it is quite possible. Vitamin A is very important to the entire body, including the eyes. How is your horse today?

Have a look at this article, now it is written in reference to children but anyone person or animal suffering from vitamin A deficiency can suffer from the same ailments. The eye signs of vitamin A deficiency