• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Bird Cold?

LostWings

Moving in
I wanted to post a video because I thought it might help but it wouldn't let me. Milly has what seems like a cold and she sounds all congested. She also has discharge on her cere and sneezes sometimes. Poor thing! :(:unsure1::sad10:They both seem a little tired too. They did get to bed at 9:00 pm last night (that was my fault I'm sorry birbs!), so that might have something to do with it. Other than that the two birds seem healthy and they're eating, drinking and moving around. Milly's trying to convince me she's fine by singing to me, but she just sounds like a clogged up mess.

What should I do for them? I can't take them to the vet. I'll keep the cage clean and warm and give them lots of rest. Anything else anyone could recommend like herbal remedies or medications? I would really appreciate it!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I think if your bird is congested, she needs to see a vet.

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congestion, sneezing and discharge means you need to see the vet. In addition to the proper vet care, testing and medication(s) a warm clean area and plenty of rest will be appreciated.