• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird Chirping at empty air

Jazzman

Moving in
I just got my new pet Cockatiel last Sunday. However, this Monday, it's been chirping constantly at a poster. I took it down, and now it continues to chirp, sometimes even "voice cracking". It hasn't been eating or drinking for these past 2 days (which I hope is normal) and it's been trying to escape. Really need some help :huh:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
How old is your bird? Are you in the room when he chirps? Does he do it outside of his cage or only inside? Are you giving him the same food he had at his last home? Birds definitely need to eat and drink but sometimes they are sneaky

Jazzman

Moving in
How old is your bird? Are you in the room when he chirps? Does he do it outside of his cage or only inside? Are you giving him the same food he had at his last home? Birds definitely need to eat and drink but sometimes they are sneaky
1. Not sure how old it is, I think a couple of months
2. I am, but my big chair might cover me.
3. It's not tamed, so I haven't let it out yet.
4. I believe so.
5. Good point. I might be at school when he eats, but I wouldn't know, He doesn't drink his water AS HE STEPS ON THE BOWL, and he even got wet. Still haven't seen him drink.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
He doesn't need to be tame to be let out. To me it sounds like he is flock calling or asking to be let out. My birds drink and bathe in the same bowl often. You can try to give him some veggie baby food (squash is popular here) on a spoon to hydrate him if you think he really isn't drinking. It's also a good bonding activity.

Jazzman

Moving in
He doesn't need to be tame to be let out. To me it sounds like he is flock calling or asking to be let out. My birds drink and bathe in the same bowl often. You can try to give him some veggie baby food (squash is popular here) on a spoon to hydrate him if you think he really isn't drinking. It's also a good bonding activity.
I've been afraid to hand-feed him since it may be jumping the gun, but I will let him out and see how it goes.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It won't happen immediately. My Quaker took a few weeks.

Jazzman

Moving in
Bird is still screaming at nothing. Thankfully he's finally eaten, but he's pacing back and forth chirping.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Can you cover a half of his cage? He might be panicking because misses his flock or feel exposed.