• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird cage in your bedroom

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
No nap's in room for me and Mickey wants my attention so on the couch for my nap's . I make the mistake well it just happened I dozed off and next thing I know my Pippie is preening my nose and my Nip is up my sleeve in my arm pit pull armpit hair glad i am a light sleeper. If I put them in there cage they scream the whole time cause they want to be near me
Yes I have awoken to Max making a knot in my hair!

Hallie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sarah
My birds are in my bedroom. It works well with the GCC, but my Sennie is LOUD. He calls for me anytime the door opens, and he screams (sounds like a fan belt going out) if there is a light on he doesn't like.

I like having my birds in my room. They're in there with 2 dogs (always crated when I'm not there), a 55 gallon tank full of fish, and a TV I leave on for them while I'm gone. With the exception of Oliver's constant alarm calls if I turn my desk light on, it works well.

AJ&Ellie

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Alysha
Rocky my GCC is in my bedroom. He's generally quiet and doesn't make a lot of mess, so it has worked out fine so far. He's a bit of a night owl, and I always hear him playing around a lot after his cage is covered for the night. But I did discover from him being in there that he's afraid to see me naked! The first few times I was changing clothes and walked by his cage, he let out a loud, high-pitched alarm call which he hasn't ever done when I'm fully dressed. He seems to be getting used to it now though as I haven't gotten that reaction in the last couple of days :). Those birds sure don't care about our self-esteems!

madoc

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Madoc
Used to keep Remi and tiki in my room, but Remi was known to start doing this maniacal laugh in the middle of the night for no reason. So creepy pants had to get her own room :p
That's your fault for teaching her a freaky laugh...

SueA555

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sue Anderson
I kept Joey in my bedroom during quarantine. It was nice to have our special time on my bed before all the other birds woke up.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
only during quarantine.

Irishj9

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
Yes I have three caique babies in my ( fairly large) bedroom.

The floor is tiled, they don't make any dander or dust. Plus they are positioned beside a large glass patio door which makes them happy.

I have an empty spare room plus an aviary, but I keep making excuses to keep the little troublemakers near me :)

Bird_lover6

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
Harry and George have cages in our master bedroom. Since all of our clothes are in our master closet off the master bathroom, I can get up quietly, go into the bathroom, and come out completely dressed without disturbing them very much. Since my bedroom is dark, they continue to sleep for about another two hours. Then, they get moved to the kitchen where they eat their fresh foods and spend a good part of the day with me. :)