• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Bird beak turning colors

Night

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Shelby
My Indian rink neck's beak is turning a bluish color and I'm not sure why. It almost matches the color of her feathers and she's not eating as much. What does this mean? Is this something that normally happens or should I be concerned?

Attachments

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
What is her diet? Does she show any other symptoms of illness. What is her normal weight? What is her weight now? How old is she?

After looking at a number of Blue Ringnecks on the computer, they seem to have a darker point to their beaks. The dark area seems to be larger as a baby. I know nothing about ringnecks, but maybe you could look some pictures up on the internet and see how the dark area compares to yours.

kitsunebandit

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
How old is she? It looks like her eyes are quite dark so I'm guessing she's still a young bird. As babies they start out with all red beaks but as they get older the tip of the upper mandible and the whole lower mandible will turn black. I wouldn't be alarmed by it but if you're worried you could always pop into an avian vet for an opinion