• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Big Fishies

Ribbit21

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Keri
Finally got around to getting the last few fish and decor for my 150 gallon tank.

Wizard castle. You can just see the red arm of my huge crayfish in one of the holes. He's a beast!

One of the baby crayfish all grown up. If he's lucky his dad won't eat him.

Nessie the pleco is the boss of the tank. She's close to 14 inches long now.

A tinfoil barb. These guys were supposed to go in a larger tank, but they are much more relaxed in this tank, so I'll leave them for now.

Super social catfish

XstatyK

Walking the driveway
A lot going on in the tank, very nice. With a tank that large, some aquascaping would look awesome!

Ribbit21

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Keri
A lot going on in the tank, very nice. With a tank that large, some aquascaping would look awesome!

It's fully planted about half the time. The big fish destroy the plants so nothing lasts more than a few weeks. Even the plastic plants get pulled out and dragged around by the crayfish.

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
It looks very pretty :)
As I'm not a fish hobbyist I can't really say more. The crayfish are really neat!

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
wow, those are some big fish! How old are they?

theocnoob

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pablo and George
Ever thought of going with a more natural driftwood and rock scape with some massive driftwood pieces? Awesome fish.

Ribbit21

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Keri
wow, those are some big fish! How old are they?

Most of the large ones are 3-6 years old. I think the oldest are a 7+ yr old tiger barb and bumblebee catfish. The bumblebee catfish is funny. I only actually see it once every few months. It has such good hiding spots.

Ever thought of going with a more natural driftwood and rock scape with some massive driftwood pieces? Awesome fish.

I used to have a ton of driftwood and rocks in it, but lately I'm preferring a less cluttered look. I kind of alternate the uncluttered look with heavily planted, lots of leaves, semi-blackwater.