• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bella made my heart hurt

Millenia

Moving in
Last night, I told the birds good night, and Bella said, "I love you". I can tell that her owner loved her very much and this almost broke my heart.

This morning I was sent her vet records and she is 19. I googled her owner's name and her obituary came up and she was 73. Both birds are mentioned in her obituary so that tells me how much they meant to her. Now Bella's 'I love you' makes me even sadder.

She says so many things already and I keep discovering more. She even asks, "Do you want a cookie?" and "Do you want a cracker?" When I repeated Do you want a cracker, she said "yeah". How can you not give her a cracker? I feel very lucky to have Bella and I hope somehow her owner knows that she is safe and loved.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
It's bitter sweet . But I choose to think her momma sent you that I love you for taking in Bella .
I am so very happy she landed with you, an experienced and loving home

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Years ago we had an African Gray named Bella on the forum. Katy had to find Bella another home after she became ill and I was wondering if this was the same bird.

Looks like the Bella I remembered went to @vmashley03 though.

In any event, I'm just thrilled that this Bella landed well.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Bella had & still has a loving owner. :heart: I look forward to seeing what else she says. Better stock up on crackers!

CdnGirl

Moving in
Real Name
Tanya
Last night, I told the birds good night, and Bella said, "I love you". I can tell that her owner loved her very much and this almost broke my heart.

This morning I was sent her vet records and she is 19. I googled her owner's name and her obituary came up and she was 73. Both birds are mentioned in her obituary so that tells me how much they meant to her. Now Bella's 'I love you' makes me even sadder.

She says so many things already and I keep discovering more. She even asks, "Do you want a cookie?" and "Do you want a cracker?" When I repeated Do you want a cracker, she said "yeah". How can you not give her a cracker? I feel very lucky to have Bella and I hope somehow her owner knows that she is safe and loved.

CdnGirl

Moving in
Real Name
Tanya
Knowing our most of our beloved companions will outlive us, we can only hope they will be loved and cared for after we are gone. To see your empathetic connection to Bella is beautiful :heart: