• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Begging for scritches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
That is what Akela have been doing since Eliy arrived but Eliy has never showed any interesting to interact so close with Akela.
So yesterday I almost fell of my chair because I saw Eliy begging Akela for scritches. But Akela that was sitting close to her just looked at her and was probably in shock herself because she just sat their and doing nothing.
But, the rest of that day I was so happy. It didn't matter that nothing happened, the big thing was that Eliy wanted something to happen.

So tonight, just before bedtime I always preen them, and Eliy did it again, and Akela did preen her. ♥♥♥
I almost cried of happiness, but I did also saw that Eliy was ready for a fight if Akela did preen to hard (she is molting a lot right now and is very sensitive) so I took over for a short while and told them that they where really good girls, and just some minutes later Akela did preen here again.
And I really wanted them to remember that good feeling so I took over again before Eliy had a reason to get angry. And then it was bedtime.

I'm so so happy at the moment. It doesn't matter if it never will happen again, but I think it will. :)
And they will never be sharing cages, but I think that it is so healthy for them to interact with each other.
And in fact they have been doing that more and more for each months.
Eliy that always before has chose to be in the same room as me, has chose to follow Akela if she fly into another room. Of course they come back, they are my girls, but to follow another bird is the right thing to do IMO.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
that's wonderful!

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Oh, I am so happy for you! I remember, with my two...at first Cricket demanded to be preened by Watson but would never reciprocate. They day I saw Cricket preen Watson, I was so happy! After that, it was like they became equals.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Oh, I am so happy for you! I remember, with my two...at first Cricket demanded to be preened by Watson but would never reciprocate. They day I saw Cricket preen Watson, I was so happy! After that, it was like they became equals.
I hope that mine will be close to some day. I think that it's awesome knowing that they always have each other, and like Cricket Akela is not a single-bird either, so most of all I'm happy for her sake. And yes, she likes me, but she will always chose a bird as her first option. I know I'm second, but that isn't bad either consider that she was wild and parent raised when I got her.

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
That is wonderful news :heart:

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
Yay!!!!! It looks like this there will be a friendship blossoming between them.
:fairy2:

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
What an incredible feeling. I am very happy for you.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Yeah!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Awesome.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
:yah: That is great! None of my birds are really friends.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Ok, first I will post some: :bliss::bliss::bliss:
Then I will post some: :heart::heart::heart: as a thank you to you all!

And this is what happened this morning. Sorry for bad quality. I didn't want to distract them so pic taken with full zoom.

Akela preening Eliy.

And Eliy preening Akela. I can tell you I almost :faint:, so this is the first time that happen and I get it on pic! But I never expected that.

And tonight. Since they have been preening each other all day long I did take that pic from normal distance.
Akela preening Eliy.

And a bad quality movie from tonight. My cellphone is really bad in darker areas.
The end did scare me, but Eliy is a sweet girl, but I did see that Akela was a bit worried. Has this ever happen to you? I wonder what she was doing.

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I am so glad that they are becoming closer. They are so adorable together!

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Wow!!!! This is fabulous! !!! Very exciting

cute_lil_fiend

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
That's fantastic! I can almost hear Beauty and the Beast's titular soundtrack in the background.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.