• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Beez strikes again - - Please help! I need advice and suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limits

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Chris
Sorry i got slightly fed up of everyone slating milans methods saying he uses punishments as a method of training. I think i may be getting angry with the words you are using... When you say shock, what are you meaning. Because all of episodes ive seen the only shock ive seen is a tap on the nose or a tug on the lead... If you think thats bad well then frankly dont want tv or the news... In fact dont leave the house! A tap on the nose allows the dog to know its done wrong, a tap on its bum does the same... If in the wild a dog does wrong does the pack leader start talking to the animal, make him sit down in the corner for a while? No... It bites it... It throws it about...

Someone was on about not letting him near the cats? Well if the cats are ok with him and vise versa then why not? He needs to be acclimitised to the feline species, sounds crazy to have a house where you gotta watch your back to make sure one animal wont get to another. One room fair enough, but the whole house?

Anyway, im sure the others will slap me down but oh well, what a shame, 2 opinions collide.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Sorry i got slightly fed up of everyone slating milans methods saying he uses punishments as a method of training. I think i may be getting angry with the words you are using... When you say shock, what are you meaning. Because all of episodes ive seen the only shock ive seen is a tap on the nose or a tug on the lead... If you think thats bad well then frankly dont want tv or the news... In fact dont leave the house! A tap on the nose allows the dog to know its done wrong, a tap on its bum does the same... If in the wild a dog does wrong does the pack leader start talking to the animal, make him sit down in the corner for a while? No... It bites it... It throws it about...

Someone was on about not letting him near the cats? Well if the cats are ok with him and vise versa then why not? He needs to be acclimitised to the feline species, sounds crazy to have a house where you gotta watch your back to make sure one animal wont get to another. One room fair enough, but the whole house?

Anyway, im sure the others will slap me down but oh well, what a shame, 2 opinions collide.
I was referring to his use of shock (electronic shock collars) which he has used on his show to make a dog leave a cat alone. He actually uses punishment and intimidation on a regular basis which is why he is not recommended or recognized as qualified by actual behaviorists. He uses harsh leash corrections, punishment and intimidation which is not necessary and does NOT teach dogs anything except to be afraid of things including their owner.

Dogs in the "wild" do not have a "pack leader", dogs in the wild do not live in packs. Dogs living in a home, in a family are not a "pack" they are a group of dogs. "Pack theory" training is just punishment and intimidation.

Status
Not open for further replies.