• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bedtimes?

Kanokoro

Moving in
Real Name
Kano
How much time do lovies need to spend asleep in a normal day? And would covering the cage and leaving them in a quiet room suffice?

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
mine are on a 12 12 schedule

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
The room doesn´t need to be ´´quiet´´ per say. Just covering them should suffice... unless you are planning on a rave or house party.

One of my birds doesn´t get covered at all. My Sydney lives alone and has a nest box, so if he wants darkness he goes in there. in the summer I cover him sometimes. But he is a strangely quiet lovebird.
I cover my other birds at about 9 or 10pm and uncover them at 8am.

Plus your question is ¨How much time do lovies need to spend asleep in a normal day?¨- All my lovebirds have a good snooze in the afternoon too (uncovered). So if you mean in total, you will have to count that on too.

I´m sure many lovebird owners have different schedules :)

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
At the moment it's winter here, so lights on at 7.30 AM and off at 6.30PM. And they still take an afternoon nap.
This will change slowly to lights on at 6.30 AM and off at 9.30 PM when summer's here. It's not a sudden change, maybe 10 to 15 minutes at a time.
A lot of people like to stick to the 12/12 approach, but I'm sharing my lounge with my birds and chose to bend things to suit my needs as well.