• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Beard oil?

The Janitor

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tom
I've had my sweet little buddy Kanji for 3 weeks now. He's starting to get used to me, and was even begun to preen my beard and mustache a little. Although I hadn't so much as trimmed in 10 months(aside from the occasional split end or fairy knot), I finally gave in and cut about 4 inches off to make it harder for him to pull out stray hairs. This has the added benefit of not needing to use as much product in it every day. But I am wondering if it's safe to use any at all. The stuff I use is marketed as all natural, but I don't want to expose the little guy to anything that will hurt him.
BEARD OIL
Tea Tree Oil
Pure Apricot Oil
Jojoba Oil
Sweet Almond Oil
Vitamin E
Aloe Vera
some essential oils
BEARD BALM
Coconut Oil
Shea Butter
Beeswax
Tea Tree Oil
Pure Apricot Oil
Jojoba Oil
Sweet Almond Oil
Vitamin E
Aloe Vera
some essential oils

The Janitor

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tom
Thanks for the warning. Somehow I missed that in my search of bad stuff. Glad I asked!

Percy&Ivan

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Maybe a beard net would help:shrug:

The Janitor

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tom
Maybe a beard net would help:shrug:
Lol. I'll go without oil before I do that. I hate those things. Quit a part time job cooking because they decided to make me wear one after being there for 2 months.

I'm already super sad about cutting so much off, I'll just have to look around and find a company that doesn't use anything that can hurt Kanji.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You must show us your fabulous beard! You really pamper it! Please show it to us :)

Just plain coconut oil would be good for your hair, both head and facial. And it's safe for your bird ;)

The Janitor

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tom
This isn't a great picture of my beard , but I love Kanji's pose in it. I did manage to find another company that I like, and it has nothing that is harmful in it. But just to be safe, I have changed my schedule around a little to make sure Kanji isn't able to get near my beard right after I use oil.

IMG_20160815_150900235_TOP.jpg

The Janitor

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tom
I have the same problem. Plus Kanji has been known to store bits of seed or popsicle stick in it for later. I did trim it, but can't bring myself to shave it completely.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I love the special effect created by Kanji's tail and your beard - very, very nice photo (and beard). ;)

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
Beautiful 'tiel. I don't believe I've ever seen one that color! Great Pose it shows off Kanji's coloring!:)

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I keep mine trimmed down to about a quarter inch as I think it looks nicer and it's harder to eat. I guess epic beards are coming back.
Mine used to be black but is getting lots grey in it now. I've had mine since I was around 22 so most people know me with it.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Not to be 'that guy' but I have no idea what you mean.
There's thread Hit us with your best shot (I think) in which you can include a photo of your fid for the AA calendar. There's a first prize and, of course ;);), your fid will have her modelling career jump started. :hehe: BUT you need to have 76 posts so I always recommend going to the Around the Neighbourhood section and posting on the Games threads.

The Janitor

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tom
Dartman, I tend to agree. I keep mine around three quarters now, and I think it looks better that way. I started growing mine out back when I was drinking, and several of the employees and regulars at my favorite bar sported some pretty epic beards. One of the bouncers has even won a couple beard competitions. Those guys talked me into just letting it grow, so it also feels like a different style for the new me.

Sandra, I'll have to check that out. As much time as I spend on this site now, I've never really gone anywhere besides the main information sections. Thanks for the heads up!

David Layman

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
David Layman
Hey there! I liked the fact that you cared about using a product which is 100% natural and no harmful chemical goes into the making process. You could use beard oils which are completely natural and 100% vegan so that you don't have to care about trimming your valuable assets i.e beards. There are many naturally made beard oils available online on Beardilizer, Amazon, etc. I hope this works for you!

Eliza Davis

Checking out the neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eliza Davis
I am using this beard essential oil from 3 months with my Kanji, it is completely safe, this product is the combination of natural oils I mostly use this at night.