• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Beak Wrestling with Taboo

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cozy Nestbox

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
I was beak wrestling with Taboo (7-1/2 months old) today and shot these series of photos from our session together. This is how I have taught Taboo what beak pressure is acceptable and what is not. I tell him "no" or "easy" if he presses too hard and praise him when he is gentle. He has proved to be a good student! :) Anyway, I thought I would share these shots with you all. In case you can't tell, I really love our Hawkies!:heart::heart::heart:

ParrotHead

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lindsey
:omg:awesome pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soo coool!

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What an awesome series!! I love the intense look in pic #3 :D Arent they just the best birds ever? :heart:

Crazy Bird Lady

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dal
Man I am so jealous of those photo's. I can't even get a picture of Miss Zoey that is in focus :mad:. I am thinking I need to invest in a camera that does not come from the Wal-Mart sale rack ;)

The Cozy Nestbox

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
What an awesome series!! I love the intense look in pic #3 :D Arent they just the best birds ever? :heart:
Jill, you'll get no argument from me there! I am thoroughly enjoying raising Taboo & Voodoo and am very intrigued by their behaviors and personalities. I am struck by how emotionally sensitive they are in light of their fierce reputation. They are only a study of 2 at this point (we intend to get them playmates of their own kind in the coming year), but based on my observations of them so far, I would say that the species is a real gem in the parrot world.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love hearing reports like yours because it just confirms my own thoughts from my experience with Cassius - its great to know others feel the same way and that it truly is something thats just special about these birds. Cash has been the only hawkhead Ive experienced until recently, and they really are sensitive and emotional in a way thats just different from other species. I really find them fascinating and it didnt take long at all for Cassius to put himself and all other HHs as my favorite parrot species :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I have to agree with you Jill. Wonderful photos!!!!:heart:

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
:wow: :omg: :jawdrop: I'm running out of astonishment icons on the HH forum. The exquisite beauty of this species never ceases to amaze me. :eek:

Jill get us some more icons! (only joking)

Oh boy, Anne is going to be all over this thread tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.