• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Beak injury?

sketchii

Moving in
Hi, nothing too urgent I hope this is okay but my conure seems to have a bit? Coming off of his beak and there’s a little bit of blood underneath by the looks of it But it’s not bleeding actively. He’s kind of a scoundrel child and keeps bugging our cockatiels who are nesting so I can only assume he got into an argument whilst we weren’t looking? (taking way more care of that now sigh)

Not really sure if we should go to the vets or just keep an eye out, he doesn’t flinch or react in any way when I touch near it and I didn’t even notice it until I was handing him some food because hes acting totally normal. Anyone else experience something similar or have some advice I guess?

Attachments

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Most definitely a bite from another bird. I wouldn't say it is an emergency. But probably a good idea to get checked by vet , who might want to put on antibiotics.

I did have a similar bite to beak in my GCC. My vet didn't want me to touch or wash it myself. The vet did give it a rinse with a disinfectant , a once over , pain meds and antibiotics. It healed up pretty quick

sketchii

Moving in
Most definitely a bite from another bird. I wouldn't say it is an emergency. But probably a good idea to get checked by vet , who might want to put on antibiotics.

I did have a similar bite to beak in my GCC. My vet didn't want me to touch or wash it myself. The vet did give it a rinse with a disinfectant , a once over , pain meds and antibiotics. It healed up pretty quick
Thank you :) we rang the vets and he said we should be right to just disinfect it and keep an eye on him since it isn’t too bad