• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures BCC Suriname

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Well since mother now knows I was very very bad and put a deposit on these two figured I'd share:) We had a debate and vote going awhile ago on a new boa but I decided against both of those snakes. The one wouldn't go down on price for just an okay looking boa and the other lost his mind when I asked for lineage info so I said no thanks. When I mentioned on one of the groups I'm apart of that I was trying to find someone with available BCC a breeder that I bought from before mentioned I should PM him since he had some available. Turns out he had holdbacks from one litter and another litter that he wasn't widely offering available. So I got a very nice pair of unrelated BCC:joyful:

The female and her parents!

The male and his parents!

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Congratulations! They are beautiful!

I hope this isn't a silly question but what makes a snake "just okay looking"? :huh:
Just curious.

And also, how can you tell males from females? Do they get dna tests too, or can you tell by looking?

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Congratulations! They are beautiful!

I hope this isn't a silly question but what makes a snake "just okay looking"? :huh:
Just curious.

And also, how can you tell males from females? Do they get dna tests too, or can you tell by looking?
Thanks! Depends on the species and what you are looking for in them. In BCC Suriname you are really looking for the tail and other aspects are extra. You want a beautiful deep bright red tail. As extra you want pretty saddles and coloration throughout. A lot of people like them to have a clean look too which means none of the dots all over. Some like peaks on the saddles others like connected saddles others don't. I didn't mind the female of these two having the dots because she looks great in every other way and the dots strangely work for her. I'm expecting her to have at least some of the same contrast as Dad with the dirty body and bright tail. Plus, Dad is insane so she has great genetics. She will be a beautiful adult and throw beautiful babies. The male is a good example of a clean looking animal with a bright tail and interesting saddles.

There are multiple ways to tell them apart. Probing, popping, and palpating.
How to Sex a Boa | SuperiorMorphs

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Very nice :)

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Wow, so interesting! Thank you so much for explaining! I've never researched much about snakes just cause I know I can never have one (I wouldn't be able to feed it) but they are fascinating! :)