• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

BBQ Event to help a dog rescue Sept 26th Guelph ont

Jazzy*

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
Hi everyone,

I have not been on in so long I have been really busy with a dog rescue in my area called Barlees Angles Rescue net work. I have been fostering a dog for them and helping plan a large event. I thought I would let you guys know about it as well as I know theirs dog lovers here!

I wanted to let everyone know in Ontario about this awesome rescue and the event that is coming up this weekend the 26!! I would love to meet people from here as well if your in the area Please think about coming out it should be lots of fun :)

Here is the info about the event copied from our event page.
You're invited to the BIGGEST BADDEST event of the doggy world this year! Sponsored by EMERALD LAKE RV RESORT & WATER PARK and STARBUCKS - featuring more items for silent auction than we've had at any previous event! GREAT deals to be had, tons of fun, and your own chance to get up close and personal with those awesome orphans and alumni you've seen go through rescue, and their adopters/fosters (and the people behind Barlee's Angels too!).

Barleepalooza 2015 is our annual fundraiser, BBQ and Alumni Reunion. For the third year we are hosting at Emerald Lake RV Resort & Waterpark in Puslinch, just off Highway 6, a little bit South of the 401. Thank you to Emerald Lake for providing a great venue for us to have... our event, rain or shine!

Join us from 10am to 5pm on Saturday, September 26th for a dog-friendly, all day party. Don't miss your chance to get a professional portrait of your pet by Craig Schenk, have your pal's nails trimmed at our nail trim clinic, and spread the word about our Microchip Clinic - done by our own Dr. Mel at the great price of $30! Browse our GIGANTIC silent auction, enjoy a bite to eat (vegetarian options available), romp with your canine buddies in the HUGE, FULLY FENCED off-leash area, and take advantage of Palooza sales on high quality Barlee's merchandise!

Full listing of events:
- Free goodie bags for the first 30 guests!
- LOTS of door prizes to be drawn ALL DAY LONG!
- HUGE Silent Auction - check back often for spoilers on items for auction; thanks to some great efforts by our Palooza committee, we have the biggest lineup ever of items! Whether you're addicted to spoiling your pet, you like a discounted night on the town, or wine and cheese is your thing - there is something for everyone!
- Pet portraits by Craig Schenk, with funds going to Barlee's Angels!
- Human and canine bake sale!
- Prize(s) for those who came from furthest away!
- Microchip clinic with Dr. Mel - just $30!
- Nail Trim Clinic - just $10!
- Large fully enclosed dog park!**
- Rescue merchandise sale!
- Fundraiser Barbecue and Starbucks coffee!
- More surprises to be announced!

You will also be able to meet some of our available orphans, as well as many of our previously adopted dogs. Expected to attend are many of the Mercer County House of Dogs orphans (HOD dogs), many of the shelter and transport volunteers that make these rescue stories possible, the Slightly Famous Hope, our own fan favourites Peter & Chloe and more. Meet some alumni in person, and see how far they've come!

Also, check out our high quality line of K9 rescue Tshirts, hoodies, jackets, and baseball caps, with our brand new logo. Other mechandise includes keychains, rescue bracelets and K9 rescue car decals. Palooza specials and all proceeds going to rescue.

Come spend the day with us, and bring the family, friends, and pooches! Be ready for great deals and lots of fun. This is one day you won't want to miss! :D

* Trailer, tent and cabin camping available at the resort

* Interested in volunteering for setup, takedown, or the event itself? Contact us at barlees at hotmail dot com.

** DOGS ARE WELCOME, BUT MUST BE ONLEAD AT ALL TIMES EXCEPT FOR IN THE ENCLOSED DESIGNATED OFFLEAD AREA. PLEASE SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION TO EMERALD LAKE AND PICK UP AFTER YOUR PET! **

Attachments

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
How nice! Hope it turns out well!!

Jazzy*

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
Thank you birdbabe I hope so too!!, I has spent many hours planning and wrapping up baskets for the silent auction!!