• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baylee's UPDATE & progress

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Have you tried locking crock types? She may want to be somewhere where she feels less vulnerable.
Just an UPDATE! bought Today a locking crock bowl of SS material :) Baylee has been much more calm in the cage yesterday night i heard her grinding her beak :) Only one was left! So i got one for Baylee. She is calmer! :laughing12: Today it took her 4 hours to eat her pellets when she used to take 10-15 min eating All her pellets!
Also she has NOT been aggressive wIth her food bowl since i changed her to Kiwi's cage! YAY! :D :smuggrin: I Now can put my finger in her bowl and even give her FOOD from my hand without getting attacked! :D :D :cool: This was not possible before IF it involved food! It was possible before the attacks But after they happened She became aggressive when food was involved. She IS still quite nervous at night as the Worst attack was once at night before bed time i took them out and everything was OK then Suddenly Hannah begun bomb diving Baylee (who hid behind me) Hannah saw this and stopped the attack FOR a few minutes but then FLEW to the floor and Chased Baylee around the room floor, i proceeded to get Hannah to her cage But She bit me, escaped in the process & went to chase Baylee again! She reached Baylee and tried to bite her Neck only managed to pull out 2 or 3 feathers. But she didnt cause i towelled Hannah right away and put her in her cage safely!I checked Baylee and only the feather were missing But no wounds i Think Hannah also bit Baylee's toe But not hard to make it bleed (She had a bruise on her toe) But nothing serious. So i guess the nervousness at night wont go away But at least She IS calmer during the day!
:dancing: I'm so happy to see my girl much more calmer!

Last edited:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm glad she's calmer. :)

cupoftea

Real Name
Anna
That's great news that she is calmer!! Sounds like amazing progress so far. That sounds like such a rough battle between the two lovebirds... they can be such ferocious birds. :bag:

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
That's great news that she is calmer!! Sounds like amazing progress so far. That sounds like such a rough battle between the two lovebirds... they can be such ferocious birds. :bag:
Yeah after that attack i STOPPED letting them out at the same time that was the 2nd attack, the 1st one was during the day they were sharing the food bowls calmly and suddenly Hannah Got greedy & decided She wanted the 2 bowls for her so Baylee tried to get to the food But Hannah would run from side to side trying to make Baylee to go away :confused:and when She didnt She Chased her around the cage trying to bite her toes :( But after this i separated them and i thought that Hannah will be less aggressive But nope She kept being very Wild & insisted in going after Baylee.
The 3rd attack was through the bars of the cage, Hannah was out & attacked Baylee (who was inside her cage minding her bussines!) And Hannah out of the nowhere bit her toe! It was bleeding and i thought Baylee was going to lose her toe But in the end was not really serious! Thanks god i was there!

After much thought (8-9 months trying to get Hannah to be less aggressive) i rehomed Hannah cause i couldnt handle her. I keep In touch wIth her actual owners and She is much happier now! :)
Plus i got Kiwi now, Kiwi is Hannah's daughter But not as Wild and not aggressive like her mom. :)

Last edited:

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
And unlike Hannah who hates Baylee, Kiwi loves Baylee But cant be wIth her cause She gets aggressive towards ME! :confused: o_O And obssesive & over protective wIth Baylee.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I'm glad that you found something that works. The problem especially with the smaller birds is that they are smart and know what they want but they can't tell us. It is almost like having an infant.

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
I'm glad that you found something that works. The problem especially with the smaller birds is that they are smart and know what they want but they can't tell us. It is almost like having an infant.
Yes they are like toddlers that can't talk yet! :) I Think they are like 2 year olds especially Kiwi lol she keeps me in My toes!