• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Battered lover boy Jack_Jack

Irishj9

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
So return home last night and find Jack_Jack ( below in better days) drooping a wing and clearly unhappy.

Oh no, not another pneumonia case like last time ( with his mate Soentjie), But Jack_Jack is hopping round, eating well, no sign of blood.

Ask the SO, and he says he heard a birdie shriek at about 4pm, but didnt go in. hes afraid of Cha_Cha who sometimes stalks him lol.

So somebirdie had a go at Jack_Jack at about 4pm eh. which one?. Dont know, will have to keep him and his Soentjie ( who worships his shadow as it passes by) caged today till I monitor the situation.

Come home, all is well, Jack_jack hops out, wing much better, holding it correctly. Am looking at cage floor for signs of , well anything amiss, see HUGE bombs, obviously Soentjie. Hang on that can be a sign of....where is she..

....Overhead, giving me a good look at a very swollen vent... yes I think an egg could be in the offing.

Meanwhile my eye drifts over to Jack_Jack, not 2 minutes out of his cage, and he is attempting an inter species mating with Mrs BAM_BAM ( green thighed). She shrugs him off....

Hormone season is great fun in this house!

Jack_jack_Dec12.jpg

Last edited:

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Oh no---- I'm keeping my fingers crossed here----the only :wacky: hormonal birdie is the perpetual lover Dusty getting his fun "playing" with a perch.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
A flock of cake hormones:scared4::scared5::backout:

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
and the result of all this frenetic action, found in Soentjie/Jack_Jack's nest this morning.....

Soentjie egg_Oct13.jpg

Its BIG, but so is Soentjie. Now I have 5 days to wait till I can candle it and find out if its fertile. Do I have the patience? lol. I feel like going out to buy cigars and whiskey hehe. Soentjie popped out for morning feed today like it was nothing, but its common for them not to sit tight till there is more than one egg ( I'm told)

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
and the result of all this frenetic action, found in Soentjie/Jack_Jack's nest this morning.....

View attachment 186973

Its BIG, but so is Soentjie. Now I have 5 days to wait till I can candle it and find out if its fertile. Do I have the patience? lol. I feel like going out to buy cigars and whiskey hehe. Soentjie popped out for morning feed today like it was nothing, but its common for them not to sit tight till there is more than one egg ( I'm told)