• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Bath pics to Aubrey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Show Leto this and tell him that they where having so much fun today taking a bath together.
Also tell him that he is a Amazonas forest parrot, and that he should be proud of that. :D

Yes, wet Pionus girls we are! :D

And good girls get walnuts! ♥

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
:omg: They both look like they were having so much fun - I wouldn't want to stop a bath :bathtime: that was that much fun but a treat could do it! :eating:

Was any part of that room dry when you were done?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Cute!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Going to have to show that to Dobby too. Everyone of your Pionus loved baths, every one of mine merely tolerated getting a shower.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Everyone of your Pionus loved baths, every one of mine merely tolerated getting a shower.
I don't know if this is helping but I do like this.

I take them into the bathroom.
Then I preparing the spray bottle and cover things with towels that I don't want to get wet.
They see all this and perhaps preparing themselves for a coming bath.
Then I play their bath sound with my mobile, it's rain and thunder sounds from the Amazonas forest on high volume.
And then I just say to them, that now it's raining in Amazonas :p and start to spray them.
I first spray them perhaps one or two times, and then tell them that they are good girls and when they later spread their wings I get really exited and happy so they know that I like that.
When I'm done I always give them some kind of treats, and we have some minutes together when I tell them that they are good girls.

With this "method" I manage to get my Brown headed to like bath too. The most important is that it's always should be funny.
If they don't want to bath, I only spray them as short while but I still pretending that they are really good and of course they get treats after too.
And I never chase them with the spray bottle, that is very important. They must like it. And if they come to my shoulder I spray them their too, so prepare yourself to get wet too. :D
I'm always very positive when we are in the bathroom, and they also take showers with me every day. (they are not bathing, but the keep me company and they get the humid air)

This is the sound I'm using: But you can also try vacuum or hair dryer sound.

Last edited:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Well he's sitting on the curtain rod in here listening to that and not really reacting much. Last time before when I had him in the shower he did the shower wings but when I offered my hand he flew away. He used to like to sit in the shower in his shower cage and just run into the edge of the water but like I've said when I tried it he seemed offended. Maybe I just don't have the mom's touch. She would tell him sprinkle bird and he'd get excited but I bet she had a bigger shower and a better shower head that put out a finer spray too. He does like the hair dryer and we're pretty sure the one we have has nothing bad in it for him as it's pretty darned newish.
Anyways downloading it just in case and he's still mostly ignoring it, vacuum sometimes gets him in the mood too but then he dunks in his water dishes.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
They are both such beauties :fairy:

EllaMay

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
Love the photos such beauty's.:heart: Ella liked the Amazone's vid, I play 5 mins of it, she listened the whole time. Next time she showers I will play it for her. :cool:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
That's a great idea @Eloy to play that video to get them in the mood! :D

@Dartman maybe try a spray bottle to mist them. The shower can be too harsh for many birds.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Such joyful birdies!

Pipsqueak

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
The pictures show how happy your girls are ! And clean :)

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
The shower can be too harsh for many birds
I have never manage any bird to like the shower, so spray bottle with fine mist is what mine like. :)

And thank you all! ♥

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Love the pix too especially the ones that show their iridescent feathers!

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:pinklol2: JT, Leto and I are honored you shared this :hug4: The girls are stunning and look like they are at a water amusement park :cheer:

I didn't see it this afternoon and he's in bed now, but I'll do exactly as you suggest on my next day off :)

------------------------------------

What I've been doing (at my vets suggestion) is putting Leto on the bathroom sink on a moveable perch turn the shower on very warm and give him a steam shower for 15-20 minutes with the door closed to keep the steam in. He talk and mumbles and laughs at himself.

When I mist him with the squirty thing he ducks down and gives me a dirty look, but I'm going to try your way :marlenesmile:

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
When I mist him with the squirty thing he ducks down and gives me a dirty look, but I'm going to try your way :marlenesmile:
Good luck! You will love when he is spreading his wings for the first time, and prepare yourself to get wet too. :)

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good luck! You will love when he is spreading his wings for the first time, and prepare yourself to get wet too. :)
I'm a Pisces! I'm made for water :fish3: It's this crazy bird that hates it!

Edit- I bet I'll cry a little if he actually spreads his wings and enjoys the water :) SIGHS

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I do use a pump up sprayer as it's easier and doesn't make as much noise. I try to play with the spray density to get it nice and fine. Some of these guys just have strange rules and love to be different then all their brothers and sisters.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.