• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Barred Owl

Tser

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
I'm an avid bird watcher. I was lucky enough to see a Barred Owl very close to a trail at the local park, and point it out to many other hikers there. I couldn't believe how many people would have just walked right under it without noticing, if I hadn't pointed it out! Even with me avidly staring upwards and obviously looking at something. Everyone I pointed it out to was in awe.

We are outside of their historical range, but even though they are considered an invasive species here by some organizations and scientists, I really do think they're beautiful.

This owl also caught and ate its prey... moments after these photos. Right in front of me. It was pretty amazing to see!

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Gorgeous owl!! Thanks for sharing:)

KatelynDeanne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
Umm may I have permission to save your photo and draw it some time? Its so gorgeous!!!:omg:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Beautiful!!

KatelynDeanne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
@KatelynDeanne Yes! I just ask if you post it anywhere online, link to my tumblr (Tser's Hoard and if possible let me know so I can see it! :D

We had those perfect cool bright fall days with the perfect lighting, I was very lucky.
Okay will do! It will be a while before I draw it, if I do :) I am currently working on a massive painting right now that will probably take me another month or so. If I do get around to drawing it, the only place I would post it would be on my fine art america page and if I do, I will make sure to link your tumblr. It sure does have perfect lighting! Great job on taking the photo!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Excellent photo of a beautiful bird.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
That picture is just magical! Thank you for sharing! :)