• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bald Spot

Farzad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Farzad
Your baby is cute. I think he/she sounds hungry maybe try giving just a little more food or pick him/her up and snuggle him/her.

Does the baby stop taking food or do you just stop at 10-12cc. If you just stop I would give a little more.
Hmmmmm
I'm afraid she/he vomits and i dont wanna make her crop stretch...

barry collins

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Barry
I am using a syringe for feeding, and i am using ZUPREEM bird formula for her, i dunno exactly how much i am feeding her but 4 times a day and each time 10-12CC of formula (lasts about 4-5 hours till she is hungry again)
her poops are normal and she does not vomit
so are those ok?

She is trying to fly, koochool flew and after that Baby tried to fly too :) is that a sign i should put her in cage? she is 30 days old now

Also my conure is 8 months old, he is not a baby :D and it is a MALE GCC
Male or female no matter both parents would feed a crying chick it's just instinct.

A cage is a good idea as if she flies when your not there she could get into difficulty.
A box in a cage with a hole in the box or an open side even better... warm and no draught..

Farzad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Farzad
Today, the baby got out of box and flew around the house :D
What to do?

barry collins

Real Name
Barry
Don't let it fly around with a full crop. A cage would be a good idea now with the box inside.

TWR

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
So cute. She does look hungry in that video. She's begging for food.

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
She really needs a cage. How about Banou, Nazi or Nehda

TWR

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Could she maybe not have been full from that feed? Would she have taken more if offered?

Farzad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Farzad
Could she maybe not have been full from that feed? Would she have taken more if offered?
Yeah, it can take more
How much formula in cc should i feed her?
15cc?20cc?

TWR

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm not sure. Whenever I am hand feeding, I offer as much as the bird will take. When the bird refuses more formula, I might even give it a little break of say a minute for his crop to settle and then offer one more time, just to be sure he's really finished. Also, mine were older - around 7-8 weeks and practically weaned. I was offering 2 feeds a day, in addition to pellets and veggies.

Farzad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Farzad
I Fed her 16cc tonight and she accepted all of it
But kinda reached limit i think

barry collins

Real Name
Barry
The noise isn't a problem for the bird it is only a worry for you so don't worry about it because it is quite normal and you are doing good. More food may not stop the noise you just need to accept it for a few weeks until it grows out of it.

Farzad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Farzad
The noise isn't a problem for the bird it is only a worry for you so don't worry about it because it is quite normal and you are doing good. More food may not stop the noise you just need to accept it for a few weeks until it grows out of it.
I Have no problem, the problem is that my conure tries to feed the baby everytime she starts crying and because of that i think may be food is not enough

Farzad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Farzad
And after 15cc of formula she stops crying and only wistles which i like the voice

Reactions: TWR

barry collins

Real Name
Barry
Babies sometimes (alot) cry for no reason they grow out of it at 10-12 weeks.

Farzad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Farzad
I Should film my conure reaction to baby cries :)
Do you think it can be better if i put them in different rooms?

barry collins

Real Name
Barry
It depends if you are happy with the situation. The conure is doing no harm and the baby is being a baby so as long as you supervise them together I would not worry too much. However I would not encourage the conures parenting behaviour as it should get to know your cockatiel as a friend and not as a child in case it hampers a future relationship. I don't know what age a conure becomes hormonal but I would worry about the conure trying to push the cockatiel away when it fledges as birds do when the young are big enough but like I said it's probably only a worry if your conure is hormonal yet?? You said it was young but maybe someone with conures could tell you what they are Like?? ?