• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bald Eagle

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Not sure where to put this, I'm so dang mad right now. There is bald eagle that isn't fully mature yet, flying around here with fishing line tangled up in one wing. S/he has it wrapped in its wing and I can see a big long piece tailing behind him/her.
Yesterday I ran into MN DNR people at Diary Queen, I asked if they were looking for the eagle. No, what eagle? I told what I had seen and how it needed help. They blew, me off, 'we are survey not rescue ppl call US fish and wildlife'. Ok I tried that today, was blown off again by them. I told them where I was and where I had seen the eagle. Too big of area to search WTF!!!!!!
Dang all the da₩n bureaucracies, if I can spot the bird again, I'll call the raptor center@ the U Of M. Dr Barb is going try USFW tomorrow.
POOR EAGLE IS GOING HUNG UP IN TREE OTHERWISE.

Last edited:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Is there another wildlife rescue you can call? Screw fish and game,,I've never had them care either, If Liberty wildlife was there ..we/ they would relentlessly search and get that eagle. Call the raptor centre ...hope this bird gets help. Thank you for caring..

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I'll try raptor center tomorrow. Just to point I want to strangle MN DNR/ USFG.
Years ago we had a sick eagle at the farm, we watched until he was on the ground, threw a wool blanket and a barn coat over him. DNR was out there pretty quickly, they took all the flipping credit, for its capture. But we know they didn't give crap when we called the first time.

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
One of the good things about living in MN is being able to see them in the wild! It’s amazing, I’ve seen at least 8 since we’ve been here. Just the other morning, dropping my daughter off at school, one flew right over us and it was super low! Awesome!
Anyway, I hope the one you saw gets help.

melissasparrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Your raptor center or local bird of prey rescue/rehab organization will probably be of more help. I'm not sure if possibly the eagle laws might be to his detriment. If it was a hawk, a falconer might be able to trap it and either get it freed of fishing line or passed onto a rehab facility. But, its illegal for us to trap eagles. Translation, fewer people can help.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Haven't seen 'speckles' in about 3 days. I'm hoping that s/he is safe someplace. I have another friend in area that watching for he she.