• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

bad mom pissed off birds

pinkharley

Jogging around the block
first off i would like to say i don't wanna be spanked for my decision (ok a little)......
sooooooooooo becaused of them getting out 2 times i decides to clip their wings :jawdrop1:
now i cant stop :crycry: :cry: :crycry2: :darkcloud: they are like :extremeanger: :delete: :madwife: :madwife: :tmsmakesme: :aarules: :rip: :rant: :yelling: :angry: which makes me :peek1: :scared5: :besafe: they wont come out of the cage and when i go in to get them i get :bignono: :watching: :fired:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
You won't be fired when they want treats!

Latency

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ashley
Awww I'm sure they'll warm up to it!!
Both of my conures are clipped(though Kiwi can still fly just fine) and they were sort of grumpy at first but I think they realized they never flew much anyways(unless they were scared, then Loki would go straight into the nearest wall.) and settled down.
Plus, it's their season, so they'll probably be grumpy anyways. It'll all pass over in time!

pinkharley

Jogging around the block
they are only 3 months old and flew a lot and got out of house 2 times already :jawdrop1:

Latency

Real Name
Ashley
Kiwi was clipped around 7~ months, Loki was clipped around 3-4 months. So I can try to understand what you're going through. It's definitely a good idea to clip them though if they've already escaped twice! Especially if there isn't a way to 100% bird-proof the exits. Maybe next molt you could just to a partial clip, so they can fly, just not as high/far? Kiwi has a full clip and she flies just fine, so I still have to keep an eye on her. :shifty:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
You did it for they're safety. :hug8:

cupoftea

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Anna
Aww, it'll be fine. :hug8:

Latency

Real Name
Ashley
Most parrots molt once/twice a year. Loki's wings got clipped when he came home, and that was almost a year ago, and he's yet to go through a full molt. So I'm expecting him to molt soon. :)

GlassOnion

Biking along the boulevard
They should grow back hopefully within a year. I thought you were selling your breeding pair as well as Sugar and Spice? Kijiji : Poster's Ads. I hope it's not you, but if it is I hope you consider keeping them! :hug8:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Still keep your guard up. Just because they're trimmed doesn't mean they can't still escape the house, a small breeze will get them up and going, even clipped. Especially watch when they start to molt. New feathers will appear and they'll be flying again before you realize it.

How are they getting out of the house? Their cage/room I can see....but the house?

pinkharley

Jogging around the block
just mom and dad not sugar and spice now that was a miss understanding between my hubby and i he thought i meant the babies