• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby Pics are FINALLY here!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
:omg: my breeder FINALLY sent me pics of my baby Indian Ringneck, hatched March 19th 2010. The pictures are adorable, and SUPER cute even though she watermarked them :( but my baby is SOO adorable. We are waiting to name him/her until the DNA results are back in the next week or two.

The only question I have is that she told me around the hatch date that she/he would be green, but the feathers appear to be blue to me???? Is is trickery of the eye, or do they change colour as they come in??? Or could she have been wrong? I dont mind either way, I just wondered.

I AM IN LOVE :heart:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
that is absolute cuteness overload!!! what an adorable baby!!! :heart:

Lex123

He is so cute! I agree with you. He looks BLUE! I don't know much about IRNs, so I'm not sure if they change color.

carlottalyn

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carlie
Oh my gosh, TOO CUTE!!! Sorry I'm absolutely no help with coloring of course, but thanks for sharing the pics! :D Wish I could get my (potential) breeder to send some lol! How long till he/she comes home, again?

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
He is a cutie:hug8:

Magic

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
aaww what a cutie congrats

Sharon

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sharon
Sweet! You must be so excited!:)

Aleu

Avenue Veteran
yay! how sweet! I'm so glad you finally got pictures :) You must be so excited. He/she is very cute! It definitley looks Green to me, or at least greenish with blue/yellow mixed in. I think the Greens have various colors in their feathers anyway (so pretty!).

I'm no expert, but when I went to my breeder, the ringnecks all had a blueish/grey tone to their skin/pins at about that age and I thought they were all green. However, if you look carefully towards the end of the pin feathers, you will see little sprouts of colored feathers.

It reminds me of a blooming flower and upon closer inspection, I saw mine was blue, especially as she matured. I was't convinced until she had a lot of pins and feathers growing in though haha. Don't take my word on this....but I believe the breeder said their head is the most accurate way to tell what color the bird will be.

Also...my breeder had a turquoise baby that looked like it would remain turquoise, but it ended up turning more blue. I can't remember if this was at a first molt or just when baby was getting feathers in. I'll have to ask her!

Congrats on your baby! Are you waiting for the DNA results? Do you have any names picked out yet?

Lex123

Maybe it is green, but it is a WAY different shade of green than these green IRNs.

Attachments

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Thanks everyone, I think s/he is cute also!

Carlie, s/he comes home early June, hatched just this march! And I had to twist her arm to get those pics as he's barely left mom and dad.

Aleu, I agree, after looking at the pic in natural light I do see a little green tinge in there! LOL You might just be right :)
We did have the baby DNA tested though the results apparently dont come back until next week sometime as she sent them off late.
But we are hoping for a boy, although a girl will do just fine. I just really like the striking look of the ring.
We have tossed some names around, havent decided till we know the sex though.
If its a girl we'll name her Prudence guaranteed. If its a boy we cant decide on Pagan, Poe or Rigby. Hahaha!

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
So cute!!!!!!!

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
Oh my goodness that's a cute baby!

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Rigby's my first choice Lex, as in Elenor Rigby, LOL (A Beatles Song, My favorite infact!). We'll just have to see! Not sure its good girl name though, I really like Prudence for a girl. So cute, cant stop staring at those pics, Im an obsessed mom-to-be guys! LOL Help me now!

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Yeah, breeder just wrote to say the blood has been sent away, I should know the sex for sure this time next week!

Bethany

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Bethany
Ohhh my gosh!
So adorable, I love baby IRN's, their feet look so big compared to their little chicken legs :p

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:omg: :omg: :omg: I can't take it!! That baby is so adorable!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

You must be so excited :D
what a little beauty :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.