• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby Dayo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faen

Hit the Road
Baby Dayo got neutered today. He also had a hernia removed/fixed that he had since he was a little puppy that the breeder also noted. He was sooo vocal and loud when he woke up that the vet assistant had to bring him out with her have him sit next to her at the desk. Which is SOOOOOO Dayo, he is such a drama queen. Apparently his skin is super sensitive so he has to be extra careful with his stitches on his tummy and the neutering site to make sure they dont rip. As soon as i got home from work he was all over the place and totally restless. He was running up and down the stairs trying to jump up and get food and then he would stand and whine for a bit and then be a brat again. He's FINALLY calmed down again and sleeping. Oh my, this is going to be a long two weeks with the stitches if he's going to be wound up like this the whole time. The vet did say he could give us a tranquillizer for him if he needed it.... i think he may if he continues.... Also the stupid cone, he's gotten everyone with it including Kona. He totally whipped Kona with it earlier... he went ot sniff Kona's mouth and then he turned his head really fast and totally knocked Kona's head in the process. lol Happy thoughts. We can do this.

crystaljam

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Crystal
Ugh - sounds like Fynn and Gideon - thank goodness we didn`t need the cone! But it WAS hard keeping the boys from playing full Ridgeback style until Fynn healed. We kept Fynn in his crate during the day so all interaction between the dogs and his activity level could both be monitored closely.

Fynn would probably run around the house with an open stitch, as he has a HIGH pain tolerance.

It will definitely be `fun`for you :) Give Dayo scritches for me :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:hug8:

lzver

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Laura
We went through the neutering thing with Jake back in July. When we brought Jake home, he was still pretty groggy for the rest of that night and remained relatively quiet and slept through the night. The next day you’d swear nothing ever happened to him. We made sure that we kept him on one level so he couldn’t do the stairs and when he got too excited we put him in his cage to calm down. After 3 or 4 days we took him on small walks to do business and you could see that the wound was healing nicely, so we didn’t worry too much. But, yea it’s fun keeping a puppy quiet for a few days. Good luck and I hope he heals quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.