• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Baby conure!

Lo_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
You need to get the bird that calls out to you. If you don't get one of the cinnamons are you going to regret it or if you don't get the turquoise will you regret that? You actually do have time to get to know the cinnamons and are able to choose which one you want and you're already bonding with one or both of them. :)
So very true! I have some thinking to do!

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
Looks & sounds like your bonding to the cinnamon babies already to me :xflove: what you need to ask yourself is color really that important to you? IMO, color is typically a factor for me in till I go look/spend time with a clutch of hand fed babies ~ I handle them all and usually one grabs my attention....I leave and can't stop thinking of the little one that "picked"(though I still don't know I've been chosen!) me so I visit several times over and I know my search is over! You really know it's over when out of the blue you tell the little guy that it it looks like an "Pickles" ( of course inset the name of your choice) before you know it "Pickles" is weaned and coming home with you after spending more time bonding and getting "Pickles's" cage, playarea, toys and food ready for her! I don't have any regrets at all on the cor though it was my my first choice :joyful: I would be lost without my Pickles ( :heart: bird)

Reactions: Lo_

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Yeah, just see if you really bond with one of the cinn & they you as not all GCC are the same. The Turq baby may be nice but maybe not as nice as one of those cinn. It's a big plus to pick out personality as well as mutation.

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Looks & sounds like your bonding to the cinnamon babies already to me :xflove: what you need to ask yourself is color really that important to you? IMO, color is typically a factor for me in till I go look/spend time with a clutch of hand fed babies ~ I handle them all and usually one grabs my attention....I leave and can't stop thinking of the little one that "picked"(though I still don't know I've been chosen!) me so I visit several times over and I know my search is over! You really know it's over when out of the blue you tell the little guy that it it looks like an "Pickles" ( of course inset the name of your choice) before you know it "Pickles" is weaned and coming home with you after spending more time bonding and getting "Pickles's" cage, playarea, toys and food ready for her! I don't have any regrets at all on the cor though it was my my first choice :joyful: I would be lost without my Pickles ( :heart: bird)

Ugh I am :hilarious: . I mean the color is kind of important. I think that turqs. are stunning, and so are regular green cheeks and then the yellowsided are gorgeous too. But the personalities of these two babies is just pulling me in. They are so sweet and cuddly and then boom, they wanna play and run around. I know that'll change as they age and such but it's so cute that I don't think it matters what color they are at this point :xflove: . We are visiting again Friday so I will probably know then. That'll be a total of three visits and about 6 days to have thought about what to do lol.
And I am so happy you found your heart bird :joyful: :dance4:

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Yeah, just see if you really bond with one of the cinn & they you as not all GCC are the same. The Turq baby may be nice but maybe not as nice as one of those cinn. It's a big plus to pick out personality as well as mutation.

Yeah I'm finding that personality is playing a much larger role than I had originally thought. Not saying that I didn't think about it, but since I was going to ship I knew I wouldn't be able to really tell what the personality was until the little fella got home and adjusted. This way, I am able to visit and watch him/her grow and get used to me/watch how their personality changes.

At this point I think I'm like 75% sure that I am going to get the one from the bird store. Another factor with this one is that I will be able to have them come home before I start school next semester, so it will be easier for me to adjust to life with another fid and a whole month to spend time with them without the distraction of school work :D

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
The time you're off before school will be a benefit to both of you for sure!! In the end this time you spend & already spent with the Cinnamons is already starting the bonding so it will benefit you both in the long run :xflove:

I also have a YSGCC named Orly (6fids total) and I just adore her so much! She loves everyone but if she's molting and hanging out with me then everyone better watch out as she goes into protection mood. She won't let anyone, human or birds, help to preening her head but me. She will actually go into full conure strutting and fluffing and pace between me and "whoever" looks at me letting them know to stay away! I should try to get it on video sometime. Anyway, other than that she is a doll and goes to pretty much everyone. She's actually pretty laid back for a conure!

Pickles and Orly hanging out together! :heart:these girls!!!
IMG_4198.2014-09-07_033232.jpg

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
The time you're off before school will be a benefit to both of you for sure!! In the end this time you spend & already spent with the Cinnamons is already starting the bonding so it will benefit you both in the long run :xflove:

I also have a YSGCC named Orly (6fids total) and I just adore her so much! She loves everyone but if she's molting and hanging out with me then everyone better watch out as she goes into protection mood. She won't let anyone, human or birds, help to preening her head but me. She will actually go into full conure strutting and fluffing and pace between me and "whoever" looks at me letting them know to stay away! I should try to get it on video sometime. Anyway, other than that she is a doll and goes to pretty much everyone. She's actually pretty laid back for a conure!

Pickles and Orly hanging out together! :heart:these girls!!!
View attachment 188850

Yeah we are visiting again tomorrow so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with the cinnamon baby :D I just really love the idea of spending the time with him/her before I bring them home and being able to see them grow and watch their personalities come out :xflove:
Orly sounds precious :joyful:

LemonGrass

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Omg so precious :heart: :heart:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Please More Pics of the cinny cuties. Love the honey light colored heads.
:heart: :heart: