• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby bronze wing says hi from France!

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Great update! :)
His tree is getting along! I'm making a huge rope net that's going to hang on the wal behind it to.
I love it! ♥
Medical training is going great to! He's now accepting full body touching, feet holding, a towel touching him and he goes in his crate all by himself. He used to be so afraid of it!
I love to read this. You are doing great with him! :)
and he just loves flying around the house as fast as he can just for fun.
Can you understand what damage we do to them when we cut their wings... :( If you see the happiness it gives them to be free flying you must be a cruel person to take that away from them. Both Eloy and Akela loves to fly. It is great exercise that keeps them healthy and happier. ♥

Last edited:

Ella.pi

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Thank you! :) I just don't understand wing clipping. Never have, never will... it's just cruel to handicap them that way. Why want a bird if you don't want a full flighted creature? that's part of what makes them so fascinating! I feel so lucky just getting to watch him fly around.

Yes... he does get on my nerves when he insists that he has to visit my book shelves repeatedly... he's so stubborn! I can take him of them 20 times a day and he'll just fly right back up there... :meh: no I do not fancy chewed up books, thank you very much! but hey... that's just part of having a parrot in your life. :rolleyes:

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love the Pi robot voice :)

Your update was great too:dance4:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Lurch was clipped when I got him, probably saved us from many flying attack attacks. His flights slowly grew back and the first time he popped into the air when he got startled he looked like what the hell just happened:lol:By the time he got good at flying again he was getting fond of us and yes, he loves to fly.
When we first moved in here he kept bouncing off the ceiling trying to figure out the new layout and how high it was with vaulted ceilings.
He usually doesn't do crazy loops and like that but enjoys his freedom to fly to his favorite spots or do as he pleases.
He's not a jet like Akela but he's in much better shape and can manuver well. He really likes flying after me now when I leave the room like a flying puppy. Never thought that would happen considering where he started.
So yes as long as your bird isn't homicidal towards you or other creatures they should be allowed to fly if they can.
Beeper, the House Finch we rescued and raised, loved flying and would do hot laps around my room when let out for the day, her joy was obvious:heart:

SnapV

Real Name
Virginie
Félicitations! Apache est vraiment mignon :) Mon petit T-Rex lui dit "Allo! Comment ça va?" de Montréal :p

And yes flying is a big part of them, T-Rex loves it and I would feel awful if it was taken away from him. You just have to arrange things with that in mind. For example, in our home the top of the bookcases now sport birdy gyms :D

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, I instantly thought of you too when I saw the news :sad4:

Ella.pi

Avenue Veteran
Woops, I just deleated my reply, sorry. I was saying i'm safe but i'm still anxiously awaiting news from friends... it's a nightmare. We're all scared, shoked, grieving all these poor victims... children included. :( it's crazy... when will it end?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I just saw on the news that a lot of the cellphone lines were jammed. Terrible things to have happened.

Ella.pi

Avenue Veteran
120 deaths and still counting... more than 200 wounded. Paris is under lock down, no school, everything's closed and every one is urged to stay at home. It's crazy how attacks went on every where at the same time, just shooting in bars, in the street, in restaurants, at a death metal concert, around the french football stadium... it's a living nightmare. A lot of the terrorists were killed, 8 I think but some fled...

Still waiting for a word from my friends... my son's godmother lives just in that arear.

Anyway... Apache's fine this morning, my family is to and we're off for the vet in a few hours.

Last edited:

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Be safe :hug8: I hope your vet is far away!

Ella.pi

Avenue Veteran
I live in Brittany, i'm 4 hours away from Paris and all my friends are safe. It doesn't make this any less tragic though...

Getting back to something i do have under control... Apache! we're back from the vet, fortunatly he hasn't suffered any injuries from his window accident. He does have an ear infection though. He was sedated so the vet could put a little camera in it and clean it properly... he put ear drops in and he's had an antibiotic injection to.

I've got to put ear drops in his ear once a day... it is not going to be easy! :straightface: but i'm happy he's otherwise in good shape.

Last edited:

jh81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
I too share the grief :(

I've recently been to Paris, i've fallen in love with this great city and its wonderful (though a bit shauvenistic) people! Its so sad to see all this horror e erywhere around the world :(

Humans truely are the evilish of all animals in the kingdom :(

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Woops, I just deleated my reply, sorry. I was saying i'm safe but i'm still anxiously awaiting news from friends... it's a nightmare. We're all scared, shoked, grieving all these poor victims... children included. :( it's crazy... when will it end?
I'm glad that you and yours are safe and I am praying for all who have lost family members and for the people who have to take care of the injured and dead. This was a horrible, senseless tragedy.

SnapV

Real Name
Virginie
Glad you are safe... This is just terrible...