• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Awesome Find: Refillable SS Swing and New SS Skewers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
I owe Kathie at mybirdsafestore.com a HUGE thank you. I found these amazing refillable SS swings made by ScooterZ and pestered her about getting them in and she was nice enough to carry them, as well as their SS skewers too!!! Kathie, you are the best!!! :dance4: Thank you!!!

So these swings come with a 100% stainless steel frame that is COMPLETELY reuseable and refillable. I am going to remove the dowel and get some nice chunky, barky willow perches from Barbi at PPBN to replace them for both Charles and Lola. I was also going to replace the beads and stuff around the frame of the swing but honestly, they are SOO cute in person. I think I might leave them be otherwise!! They are such a great value for what you are getting here!!

One for Charles, and one for Lola of course!! They are PERFECTLY sized for each of them!! Anybody with small and medium parrots... I highly recommend them. Kathie was even nice enough to pick out BLUE for Charles and ORANGE for Lola because she thought they'd match well :heart:

Most definitely Lola-approved!!! :D

I also got these awesome skewers AND toy extenders. I LOVE these because the o-part is completely welded shut. No chance of catching beaks in them :D And they BOTH come in four sizes... and Kathie carries all eight!!!

Thank you, Kathie!!! :dance4: We are soo pleased!! We literally put the order in on Tuesday and it arrived the NEXT DAY!!! Can't beat that!!!

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Very nice and I love that everything is SS! How do you refill the swing? I have something similar for Carlos but I know the frame isnt SS. :( Luckily he isnt a chewer but would rather have SS for sure. They are adorable swings!

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
What lovely swings!

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Very nice and I love that everything is SS! How do you refill the swing? I have something similar for Carlos but I know the frame isnt SS. :( Luckily he isnt a chewer but would rather have SS for sure. They are adorable swings!
The ends on the bottom have little (fully welded) eye hooks that screw right off... just like their skewers!! It is honestly a GREAT value. The large one is only $22.49-- even less with our discount code!! For 100% stainless steel and such awesome decorations (the lilies on it are honestly really gorgeous and well-made... the photos don't do them justice), I think it is a really good deal! :dance4:

You can grab it here: Scooter Z Lily Swing for Medium Birds - NEW ITEMS by MY BIRD SAFE STORE

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Lola's swing is beautiful!

Matt

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
I looooooove that swing!! Capri needs one!!

MollyMouse

Biking along the boulevard
Gorgeous swings and look at Lola on hers :heart: I like the different size SS Skewers.:)

*K*J*B*

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kylee
I NEED THOSE SKEWERS!!!!!!!! Headed to the site now :D

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:highfive: Wow!! Those are so pretty!!!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:omg: I never would've guessed the size of the swing until I saw Lola on it, what an awesome swing!!! :dance4:

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Coco - thanks for the awesome post! LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures! Need one of Charles! Of course, I will ask permission to post them on my site.... but I think I already know the answer!

I do agree... you have to see these swings in "person" to really appreciate them. When Coco asked me to get them, I didn't really think they'd be as nice as they are. They really are awesome and Lola totally finishes off their beauty!

Again, thanks so much for the nice post! :hug8:

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Wow, those are great for sure! I have them on order as I will be carrying them too instock! I love Scooter Z's S/S Skewers and sell them as well. They are one of the most safest ones I have ever seen providing you keep the quick link closed tightly!

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
I agree, Jan. I just love her line!! Everything in it is awsome!!!

Here is a link to all of the different ScooterZ toys. SCOOTERZ BY MYBIRDSAFESTORE

What is sad is that the pictures do them no justice, especially the sparkle toys, like the Rainbow Pom Pom, Knotty Foot Toy, Disco Ball... LOL! I could go on and on! What I also like is that almost all of her toys are SS and those that are not are nickel-plated.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
We just love everything so much :dance4: You're the best, Kathie!!! Thanks for getting all these things in for us :D You made two birdies VERY happy!!!

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Next order for food I will have to add this to my list of things I want. :)

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I really like those flowers on the one swing! It's so cute. :heart: