• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

AviCalm and Featheriffic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dana64

Walking the driveway
I don't post very often on the Avenue, but I do visit from time to time and stumbled upon "Pluckers Parlor". I have scanned most of the threads here and have not seen any mention of the products "AviCalm" and "Featheriffic!". These products are, simply, AMAZING.

I rescued an African Grey Congo 3 years ago. When he came to me, he was naked except for his head and wings and he was mutilating himself in spots. He came from a VERY VERY abusive home. There are members here who know of Mackie's story on other forums, so I won't bore everyone here with it again. But I will post before and after pictures. The before pic was taken the first day on the products and the second picture was taken 6 months later.

These products are HOMEOPATHIC, and canNOT be "overdosed"... check out the website at www.avitec.com

If anyone has any questions on the above, don't hesitate to ask...

Attachments

Last edited:

Lunasmom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Darlene
Hello, I just have to reply to your post. I have an Indian Ringneck, She is blue and is five years old now. Her name is ( Luna ). Three years ago, an accident happened that left our Luna with some spineal damage. She had close vet care the first several monthes after her injury. We gave her the best of care and treatment and therapy and all the love she needed and wanted. I used herbal suppliments and medications to help her heal. last year Luna began feather picking. First she removed all of the downey feathers and started on the feathers under her wings next. Then she plucked down her back and legs and rubbed the feathers off the top of her head. But she left her breast feathers alone. I tried everything from external treatments and changing her diet thinking she may have a food alergy, to sprays and bathes. I tried almost everything on the market. We even considered emothional problems. We got a second ringneck for a cage neighbor for her, just in case she needed a role model to vocalize with and keep her company. Just when I thought I had exhausted every possable treatment for feather picking, I saw the ( Avitec.com ) web site and learned about the #1) Feather-In spray, #2) Featherific, and #3) Avicalm. Two monthes ago, I started using all three on Luna. I noticed after spraying her with the Feather in spray, she would always go to sleep and have her nap, almost as if it soothed her. I am using the featherific in her food and the avicalm at her bedtime. In the two monthes I have been using this combination on her, she has been growing in new feathers and we don't see the head rubbing and feather picking as much. And I see little pinnies comming in where she was naked. I was hopeing she had not made a habbit of feather picking and can have complete success after everything we have done. This is the best she has looked for a year. I don't have before pics of her. Lunas vet seems to think, becouse of where she was picking her feathers, it may have something to do with the feeling comming back from her spineal injury. Luna is getting more strenghth back in her legs and we see her trying to stand up sometimes. I just wanted to tell you about our Luna and we are very much encouraged about the improvements since we have had her on on the three Avitec products. Mabey she had a deficiency and the featherific is formulated to help produce feather growth.
:) Darlene

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What an amazing change in her Dana. What other changes did you make? She sure is lucky to have found a home where she is obviously well cared for.

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Those are dramatic results!

Great job with the very difficult task of stopping a plucker. :highfive:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Wow Dana thank you for posting. I love Avitec products. I have never used the ones you mentioned but they have many many wonderful products.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Hi Dana,

Glad to see you. Thanks for posting.

Ginger

Vega

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Joni
unpoquito, from what I understand the Avicalm is used to help ease the stress and hormones that are often associated with behavioral plucking. Featheriffic is to be used in conjunction with the Avicalm to help speed feather regrowth. Try using them together for the best results!

I currently have my conure on both of these products and I'm becoming discouraged. He has (thankfully) stopped mutilating himself in the attempts to pluck feathers that haven't broken the surface. However, he's still plucking.

He'll allow the feathers to grow to a certain length and BAM! pulls them out again! :( When I first started using the products he seemed to respond very well. But it looks as if over time he's built up resistance the them. I'm going to contact the company to see what they suggest. I really can't afford the PNM, but I don't want to spend money on something that isn't getting results either.

Dana64

Walking the driveway
Vega... double the dosage.... because it's homeopathic, it CANNOT be "overdosed"... I did this with Mackie,a s I found he had "plateaued"... I doubled his dosage and it "kick started" him again....

Kristen... AviCalm and Featheriffic must be used together. Featheriffic causes the pins to come at HYPERspeed and AviCalm keeps the bird "calm" so that it won't pick at itself because it's so irritated with all the pins, if you know what I mean.

I believe in these products so much, I have become a distributor of them... so if anyone has any questions regarding any of Avitech's products, please don't hesitate to ask!

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Thanks for posting again to this thread Dana and giving Joni some good suggestions.

Vega

Real Name
Joni
I wish I would've checked back on this thread earlier! I am doubling the dosage now. Will order more next week (payday). I also ordered some of the solution mentioned on another thread. Hopefully between the 3 I can get him feathered again.

2Birds3Kids

Walking the driveway
Does this work on damaged feather follicles? My ekkie will only grow down feathers on her body and the tops of her wings. I feel really bad for her b/c when I put a sweater on her that I have sewed strings too, she faithfully preens the strings. I think she really misses her feathers. Poor girl. ~Page

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Great post!

If anyone is looking for Avitech, I have it and it is currently on sale Buy One - get one 10% off. AVITECH

Vega

Real Name
Joni
Do you carry the 16oz size of it?

HungryBird

Do you think it works for naked backs? Squeaky, my cockatiel, came to me with a naked back. He stopped plucking soon after I got him but the feathers never grew back. Do you think it might make the feathers grow back? His back doesn't hurt or anything but he is shy about showing his naked spot. Only when I spray him with water does he let it show because he can't help hanging upside down and flapping his wings!

I have the Aviglow red palm oil. Can they all be used together?

Is there an ingredient list available for AviCalm? I can't use Featheriffic because of the ingredients.

Is there a similar product by another company that has different ingredients?

*K*J*B*

Real Name
Kylee
I don't post very often on the Avenue, but I do visit from time to time and stumbled upon "Pluckers Parlor". I have scanned most of the threads here and have not seen any mention of the products "AviCalm" and "Featheriffic!". These products are, simply, AMAZING.

I rescued an African Grey Congo 3 years ago. When he came to me, he was naked except for his head and wings and he was mutilating himself in spots. He came from a VERY VERY abusive home. There are members here who know of Mackie's story on other forums, so I won't bore everyone here with it again. But I will post before and after pictures. The before pic was taken the first day on the products and the second picture was taken 6 months later.

These products are HOMEOPATHIC, and canNOT be "overdosed"... check out the website at www.avitec.com

If anyone has any questions on the above, don't hesitate to ask...
I agree, Avitec products seem to be pretty amazing. I've not used them, but my friend does and swears by them. She uses AviCalm, Featheriffic, and AviRain.

What a big difference in your grey. He is stunning. You said you are a distributor for Avitec. Does that mean we can order from you or do we have to go through someone retail?

funtimebirdy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ann
Hi Dana,

Your grey looks like our Grey "Jerry". He looks like your "first picture" right now even though he has grown his feathers back a couple of times since we adopted him.

What is in the AviCalm? I know it's all homeopathic what are the main ingredients?

'Jerry" only plucks at night when the light s go out.....we tried everything lights on, lights off, night light, everytime the lights go out he gets very nervous.

Ann

NikkiLS

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
I actually use the featheriffic on its own with Bella. I noticed a change in her demeanor with a change of scenery. She was a breeder and a heavy plucker. Now having her back and up in her own cage with the "pet" birds she seems occupied. The thread I posted when she started getting pins not too long ago is still going strong! She is allowing the feathers to come in. I haven't seen any more pins just yet but she has not touched the feathers that are coming in. :)

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
I am so glad to see this post. I bought both of those products for my grey Teagan. She was very sick and plucked a lot so I tried the both. She is doing better and not plucking much. Kathy has them :hug8:

HungryBird

Does anyone have an ingredient list for AviCalm?

Donk

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kelly
I have a question about avicalm, if anyone is currently using this product can you please tell me what the amount of L-Theanine there is per dose in this product. what does the back of the label list?

Status
Not open for further replies.