• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Avian Organics and Quaking Canopy

Status
Not open for further replies.

rikkitikki

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
Another order from Avian Organics (I'm beginning to think I'm insane...)
AvianOrganics.jpg
Bird Bannock
Calypso Carrot Bread
Avian Vitality Sprouts
Organic Carrot Powder
Organic Apple Powder (Free!)

-I want to start the sprouts, but I JUST started some lentil sprouts and we won't go through them quickly enough to start the vitality sprouts right away...

and my second order from Quaking Canopy
QuakingCanopy.jpg
2 bottles of Patchouli lotion (1 bottle for a friend)
Lime Verbena hand soap
Raspberry Vanilla shaving soap and brush
4 bars of soap:
unscented
day at the beach (for a friend)
sweet citrus
sandalwood and blooms (for a friend)

Yum! All the scents are AWESOME! :laughing12:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:dance4: Wow!! Two great orders!!!:hehe:

Yes, you are a bit insane.. but in a good way it seems!:p

You know, I didn't purchase any handlotion because I am very picky about that as well.:huh: I wonder if I am missing out..:(

I hope Coco purchased some :huh:.. if so, I will ask her to do a review....:cool1:

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
Awesome order!!

And, I'm not the best at reviews, but I can tell you the lotion isn't greasy and the smell is delicious, yet subtle. I love the lotion. I use it after I use the exfoliating soap and my skin feels so soft!!

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awesome order!!

And, I'm not the best at reviews, but I can tell you the lotion isn't greasy and the smell is delicious, yet subtle. I love the lotion. I use it after I use the exfoliating soap and my skin feels so soft!!
Does your skin feel well moisturized for a long period of time?:)

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette

Does your skin feel well moisturized for a long period of time?:)
Honestly, all day. With the exception of my hands (I work with kids and wash them A LOT), I don't have to reapply moisturizer. I think the ultimate combo is the exfoliating soap + lotion. Your skin feels like silk!

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
I didnt know Doris sold sprouts...and carrot powder? :huh: Guess I need to go shopping at Avian Organics soon!:dance4:

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
:dance4: GREAT orders!!! Some of my favorites from each...

Saemma... hehe... I did purchase the hand lotion but I am afraid to use it because I am so picky. I have only ever found ONE hand lotion I like enough to use but I feel so guilty when I use it... it is the ONE non-natural cosmetic/beauty product that I use :o:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:dance4: GREAT orders!!! Some of my favorites from each...

Saemma... hehe... I did purchase the hand lotion but I am afraid to use it because I am so picky. I have only ever found ONE hand lotion I like enough to use but I feel so guilty when I use it... it is the ONE non-natural cosmetic/beauty product that I use :o:
Ummm..:huh: So what are you doing with it then?

Keeping it for posterity?:cool1:

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco

Ummm..:huh: So what are you doing with it then?

Keeping it for posterity?:cool1:
I made my sister try it... she LOVED it... I am still afraid :o: I suppose I can try it tomorrow...

rikkitikki

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
Saemma - I really like the lotion. However, something to be aware of... I did get one bottle of the lavender that felt gritty when I used it. Amanda told me that 1 out of about 20 batches will do that. It's because it didn't cool down quickly enough and the shea butter didn't emulsify the way it's supposed to. I don't use that bottle, but the other ones I love, it's kind of fluffy and soft, not so much oily or really wet, but it does moisturize well and it soaks in pretty quickly, but not instantaneously. It's not really thick, I don't really know any other way to describe it other than "fluffy" like whipped lotion maybe? and of course the scents are delicious.
I got the liquid soap as well. Only tried it once so far, scent stays behind well after it's rinsed off, the soap is more watery than I'm used to for a liquid soap, so I'll have to use it some more before I can give an honest opinion. I wonder how it might work in one of the foaming pumps? (the kind where the soap comes out all bubbly and light?) :huh:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Saemma - I really like the lotion. However, something to be aware of... I did get one bottle of the lavender that felt gritty when I used it. Amanda told me that 1 out of about 20 batches will do that. It's because it didn't cool down quickly enough and the shea butter didn't emulsify the way it's supposed to. I don't use that bottle, but the other ones I love, it's kind of fluffy and soft, not so much oily or really wet, but it does moisturize well and it soaks in pretty quickly, but not instantaneously. It's not really thick, I don't really know any other way to describe it other than "fluffy" like whipped lotion maybe? and of course the scents are delicious.
I got the liquid soap as well. Only tried it once so far, scent stays behind well after it's rinsed off, the soap is more watery than I'm used to for a liquid soap, so I'll have to use it some more before I can give an honest opinion. I wonder how it might work in one of the foaming pumps? (the kind where the soap comes out all bubbly and light?) :huh:
Hmmm...:huh:

Thanks Erika.:) I am looking forward to hearing what you think of the Shaving soap!!:dance4:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Great orders!!!

quakingcanopy

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
Erika - if you aren't able to use the Lavender lotion I will send you a free replacement!! I know the texture of the shea can be peculiar and I would love to send a replacement. I'll do that Monday!

I'm glad too hear those who are trying the lotion so like it :) I can't wait too hear what you think, Coco. I aimed at making a light, clean lotion that dries quickly but moisturizes and heals skin. My hands are SO dry after a day's work - and washing them about 30 times. So, I know I need something that works really well but doesn't make my hands all sticky or greasy. That's my goal with my lotion!

Lovin the feedback guys, it helps me improve a little more everytime!

rikkitikki

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
Erika - if you aren't able to use the Lavender lotion I will send you a free replacement!! I know the texture of the shea can be peculiar and I would love to send a replacement. I'll do that Monday!

I'm glad too hear those who are trying the lotion so like it :) I can't wait too hear what you think, Coco. I aimed at making a light, clean lotion that dries quickly but moisturizes and heals skin. My hands are SO dry after a day's work - and washing them about 30 times. So, I know I need something that works really well but doesn't make my hands all sticky or greasy. That's my goal with my lotion!

Lovin the feedback guys, it helps me improve a little more everytime!
:heart: Thanks Amanda, I really didn't expect that, it's worth it, even with the odd bottle every once in awhile :D
I'm thrilled to be supporting a great product, and I must say, the customer service is top notch too! :p :hug8:
btw - I didn't mention that the shipping was sooner than expected. According to the order, one of the soaps wouldn't be ready until after July 20th. As you can see, it must've been ready a full week early since I received it 5 days before it was supposed to even be cured :D :dance4:

Status
Not open for further replies.