• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Average price of Eclectus parrot

Daz

Moving in
Real Name
Daz
I am looking at buying one from a breeder and been offered one for £650 from a guy in Nottingham who has his own site. He is called Grahen Edwards and just wondered if that is average price for 12 week old eckie thanks in advance.

Shinobi

Jogging around the block
I paid $1200 Australian for Henry but he is an pure breed (Australian Eclectus)and have seen $2000 Australian for a Grand Eclectus . Hybrids are cheaper around $500 to $600 Australian. I believe there is a push by some Eclectus enthusiasts to buy pure breed rather than a Hybrid, this is more about keeping the species intact so a particular species doesn't becomes extinct.

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
If you look in Birdtrader uk you will see quite a few, and they range from 450-650

VictoriaVague

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
Yeah, I've seen them priced anywhere between 500-800.

If the breeder is knowledgeable, experienced, keeps up to date with best practice bird care, has them on a good diet etc, I'd pay that and more. If it's some dodgy breeder that just pumps baby birds out for profit, run a mile.

Also worth checking rescues :)

ratyrat

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
lee
hi daz like you I am looking for an ekkie male but there seems to be a lot of scammers out there spoiling it for everyone so if you manage to find a good breeder please let me know as they seem to be as rare as rocking horse !!!! so any help would be appreciated.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
hi daz like you I am looking for an ekkie male but there seems to be a lot of scammers out there spoiling it for everyone so if you manage to find a good breeder please let me know as they seem to be as rare as rocking horse !!!! so any help would be appreciated.
@ratyrat Are you also in England?

Chihuahua

Rollerblading along the road
i would call that average to US prices