• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Available rare Amazon very close by (next State over) TITANIS you will melt for this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

penguin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Wow, who knew my birdie siblings growing up were so valuable! I miss them. Sometimes, I really want birds that would be inappropriate for my flock and the Vinaceous & Cuban zons definitely don't mix with my tiels.

DutchHillAviary

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kevin
Do you ever see females?
you know I don't know..I've never paid attention before (other than to notice 'wow cubans for $500')..b/c they are so hard to sell they've never been on my radar. The 'rare' species I choose to work with is the slender-billed conure of which I have 2 pairs.

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
Jen I have seen them selling for as little as $500 down here...thats giving them away in my book!
That's definitely giving them away. There was an adult Cuban Amazon for rehoming in my neck of the woods last year and they were asking $2000.
I have no idea what they go for as babies north of the border.

Coco's Momma

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Robin
you know I don't know..I've never paid attention before (other than to notice 'wow cubans for $500')..b/c they are so hard to sell they've never been on my radar. The 'rare' species I choose to work with is the slender-billed conure of which I have 2 pairs.
*Psst: Kevin, I'll PM you my address and wait for one of these to inexplicably appear in a box on my doorstep.... just give me a head's up knock and I will wait until you're 2 steps away before opening the door. ;):lol:

jenwren59

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jennifer

Never met an amazon I didn't love or didn't think was absolutely stunningly beautiful....:heart::heart:
me, too. each and every one of these amazons get to me. i am equally atracted to african grey birds (TAG or CAG). i have 2 wonderful CAGS.

i love this size and shape of bird in general. appeals to me a lot more than the brilliant big macaws or any of the cockatoos. the coloring and the eyes on all amazons really is so gorgeous.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I never heard back from this breeder. So, but I do know a bird Person living in SC. :D I wish I would have heard back by now. :(

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
i love this size and shape of bird in general. appeals to me a lot more than the brilliant big macaws or any of the cockatoos. the coloring and the eyes on all amazons really is so gorgeous.
Many of the Amazons are close to Greys in size or thereabouts, which is the perfect range for me. Not too big nor too small, just right. Amazons also look most like raptors in profile of all the parrots, especially the Vinaceous and Mealies. :cool10:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Many of the Amazons are close to Greys in size or thereabouts, which is the perfect range for me. Not too big nor too small, just right. Amazons also look most like raptors in profile of all the parrots, especially the Vinaceous and Mealies. :cool10:
So true, Kazoo looks like a green crow in size but he can hop like a Too. :hehe:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I just heard from the breeder. She told me I could fill in the permit but I asked more things like the sex and obtaining the permit for a pet.

I think I found the form under Raptors for captive born. $100 for the permit.

http://www.fws.gov/forms/3-200-25.pdf
I will let you know what she says. :)

Last edited:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:hug8::hug8::hug8:

henpecked

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Richard
I saw 3 7=8 wk old cubans for 450 each at a show this summer,i also turned down a pair for 1200 because our local buyer said he couldn't move them or want them.Same deal on YSA's i was offered 2 pair for 1500 but no one wanted babies.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I just heard from the breeder. She told me I could fill in the permit but I asked more things like the sex and obtaining the permit for a pet.

I think I found the form under Raptors for captive born. $100 for the permit.

http://www.fws.gov/forms/3-200-25.pdf
I will let you know what she says. :)
It is a different form that you need. It is called a Captive Bred Wildlife Permit. Here is a link to the FWS website page that gives some information on the permit: http://www.fws.gov/international/pdf/reg.pdf .

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.