• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ava and her Roudybush pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackivory

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chels
I do hope to buy Harrison's again soon [I must contact the Aust. supplier to see if we can get it again] but for now we have Roudybush.

So Ava is getting pretty good at eating other stuff apart from Sunflowers :dancing:. I add a little Roudybush to her dish but most ends up on the floor. So I have now taken to on the odd occasion [if this turns out to be suitable, I will do it more often] adding some pellets to a dish, soaking them in pre-boiled water, let sit till all the water is soaked up and the pellets are mushy.

I then add a little more water, egg & biscuit mix and herb tonic. Ava goes crazy for this! She eats it off a spoon and will also feed herself. Gets very messy but oh well.

So, is it OK to soak Roudybush like that? What I soak, I use or throw away. Each time it is made fresh.

Ava is also loving pear, apple, silverbeet and corn on the cob. Such a good girl. Oh and she is quite the talker :heart:

kackels

Real Name
Kakie Currey
I don't see why not?

Where are the pics???? Lol

starreys

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Sarah
i think it would be fine but when you add water to it , it has to be consumed within a a short period its not something i think you could leave out all day especially if its hot. I have done it with my roudybush pellets .

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
It's a good idea/recipe. Mine won't eat their Roudybush either. I had had the idea to give them a small variety, but have since learned that Roudybush isn't the best choice for a grey. But I'd rather not throw it away. Thanks for the tip.

heirofslytherin123

Real Name
Gabby
my caique breeder recommended adding the pellets into a batch of chop as the medium to soak up excess liquid instead of oats or something. my guys eat it up but they prefer to eat pellets dry anyway

blackivory

Real Name
Chels
Thanks guys :) I feel much better feeding Roudybush this way now. I make it and feed it within half an hour, as she prefers it warm :rolleyes: At least I know she is getting a meal packed full of goodies.

Hopefully photos of her messy beak on the weekend. It is hard to get the camera out when I have a big goofy Galah, three crazy Kakarikis and one needy Cockatiel all itching for my attention. Not to mention a sly Lorikeet, when he is out!

Status
Not open for further replies.