• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Austin Pet Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

tammie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tammie
I've had my Austin for about 3-4 weeks now and I can't tell that it's doing much of anything.
I cleaned and dusted the whole house just before I got it, and I've noticed that there is just
as much dust as before.
My living area and kitchen is right together and the room is wide open, not large at all, but
I just can't tell any difference.

How about everyone else, does your make a noticeable difference?

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
:huh: Really? I don't have a pet machine; I have the allergy machine, but it makes a SIGNIFICANT difference in air quality for me. I can immediately sense it when I walk from one room without an Austin into a room with an Austin.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Yes, mine make a big difference. How can I tell? I don't change the central heating ac unit filters every two weeks. A month works. Yes, there is still dust but definitely less. The first one I got sold me. It has run almost continously for 14 years now. I did the honeywell etc and spent too much on filter replacement. I have not tried the newer honeywell though. I currently have 4 austin air....jr, 2 pet and one allergy.

Peggy

tammie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tammie
Mine is definitely not working like everyone elses! Hubby changed the air filters in the ac today and said it was terrible and he couldn't understand how it was so bad if my Austin was doing it's job. Needless to say he is a bit upset with my new $500 Austin that does not do what we thought it would.

If anyone has any thoughts or advice I'd love to hear it!!

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Perhaps open up the filter and see if it has collected anything? If not, maybe you should contact the company-- it should still be under warranty?

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
I'd definitely contact the company. Your model may be defective!

Status
Not open for further replies.