• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Atomic Orbitals for Many-Electron Atoms

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I really like the jolly ball inside the orbit. Darn now I just might have to order an orbit and a plain jolly ball :)
you and me both, the more I look at it, the more I want it

am soon going to have to hang things in the living room and computer room!

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
Awesome Saroj! I really like the jolly ball and orbit combination. It looks fantastic. I also think the atom goes well with everything else in the room. It gets better with each addition. How do the particle pair and the Quantum Quakers like them?

BTW, what sizes are your JBs, orbit and atom, OOC? (Sorry, if I missed it mentioned previously)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine

Attachments

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Looking at the pics., I'm going to guess that the Blue Jolly is a 10" and the purple is a 14". I believe she ordered the large Atom and the large Orbit.

You need at least the medium Orbit <14" diameter> to around a 10" Jolly, and a large Orbit <18" diameter> to go around the 14" Jolly.

All my Jollys are 10" .. and all my Orbits are Medium <14">, but I had two Orbits done with 1/2" rope instead of the standard 3/4" rope .. one of my Quakers is a bit handicapped, so he needs a narrow diameter in order to grip things.

I might be wrong on her sizes .. but I think that's what she has.

In my pics below, the first pic is a 10" Jolly with a medium 3/4" Orbit, but I turn it on it's side .. lol .. the Caiques like it better that way .. don't ask.

The second pics show a sad, but effective homemade Orbit around a 10" Jolly.

The third and forth pictures are the 10" Jolly with the medium Orbit done with 1/2" diameter rope.

The fifth and sixth pics are of my sweetie pie Quakers, on a medium Atom, I call them the "un-Quakers", because for the "bad" rep. Quakers can have, my two babies haven't displayed any of those negative traits. Gumpie <named after Forest Gump> is the handicapped one, if you look closely, he has no toes on his left foot, and only 2 toes on his right <the fronts>. Ivy is my greenie .. they are the bestest Quakers in the world, and they are what started my bird passion. :hug8:

Awesome Saroj! I really like the jolly ball and orbit combination. It looks fantastic. I also think the atom goes well with everything else in the room. It gets better with each addition. How do the particle pair and the Quantum Quakers like them?

BTW, what sizes are your JBs, orbit and atom, OOC? (Sorry, if I missed it mentioned previously)

Attachments

Last edited:

TITANIS

You need at least the medium Orbit <14" diameter> to around a 10" Jolly, and a large Orbit <18" diameter> to go around the 14" Jolly.

All my Jollys are 10" .. and all my Orbits are Medium <14">, but I had two Orbits done with 1/2" rope instead of the standard 3/4" rope .. one of my Quakers is a bit handicapped, so he needs a narrow diameter in order to grip things.

In my pics below, the first pic is a 10" Jolly with a medium 3/4" Orbit, but I turn it on it's side .. lol .. the Caiques like it better that way .. don't ask.

The second pics show a sad, but effective homemade Orbit around a 10" Jolly.

The third and forth pictures are the 10" Jolly with the medium Orbit done with 1/2" diameter rope.
Thank you, Merlie, for all the info you provided on your birds' toys. You have a very nice and well-thought out setup. Unless my eyes are playing tricks, I also see from your pics that you installed a jolly ball inside an atom? I guess you disassembled the atom to get the JB inside? :confused:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Sweet! I love the combos.:laughing12:

hsmoscout

Rollerblading along the road
Wait...does the JB have to be plain? Because at this point it seems like getting my JB to fit in my Orbit is almost impossible :confused:

Last edited:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Merlie's fancy Jollyorbits sure look shnazzy!!:p

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
yes they do and it is making me want something that I don't need right now!! :hehe:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am still not clear on how many fids Merlies has.:p She seems to have more than that little guy we first saw on the Pont Levis.

I agree that I never really considered a JollyORBIT ball before.....until maybe now.:hehe: Do you guys think it will make Sachi feel nesty?:confused:

TITANIS

The Jolly-Orbit I understand how it's accomplished but the Jolly-Atom..?? I think moving the ropes down to one 'hemisphere' in order to allow access...? :confused:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
The Jolly-Orbit I understand how it's accomplished but the Jolly-Atom..?? I think moving the ropes down to one 'hemisphere' in order to allow access...? :confused:

Titanis, are you referring to the JollyBall orbit in her second pic?

if so, she made the orbit, so probably did it around the jolly ball :)

it would be extremely difficult to put on in after they are made - they are very stiff and don't bend

hsmoscout

Well if the JB has to be plain, I guess I'll wait until Peanut chews all the stuff off :lol: Why do the have to be plain :confused:

TITANIS

Titanis, are you referring to the JollyBall orbit in her second pic?

if so, she made the orbit, so probably did it around the jolly ball :)

it would be extremely difficult to put on in after they are made - they are very stiff and don't bend
Yes, the second pic. I guess that's the only convenient way to do it. I could imagine how difficult it would be to place it inside afterwards, if not impossible.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I love Merlie's jolly balls!!!:dance4::dance4::dance4:
meanwhile i accessorized the Atom.....

jcatom221a.JPG

jojoatom221a.JPG

look ma i'm soo widdle :hehe:

chickielilbasket1.JPG

chickielilbasket2.JPG

jojolilbasket.JPG

And when the Rosie toys get here I'll hang one from the center :dance4:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Got a swivel for the boing since I forgot to ask Michelle for one...
jcboingberry.JPG

hsmoscout

All of those pics are perfect!!! :D I wuv dem.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Status
Not open for further replies.