• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Arrghhh Goffin's

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sitting downstairs I hear a loud crash upstairs and then some screams. Run up faster than I've probably ever run up the stairs before. Thought Cody was having a seizure. Walk in the bird room, Cody screams and says, "Hi". All the birds look fine. Then I see Keno's large Polly hardwood arch swing on the bottom of the cage. She had opened the quick link and removed the swing. When I tried to re-attach it she freaked out. The swing has only been in the cage for a few years and although she doesn't perch on it she does play with it.
I let her calm down and I was finally able to hang it up again. Thanks Keno. Now both 'toos and Shannon are screaming. I knew I should have gone away for the day.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Phew I’m glad they’re all okay!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
So glad it wasn’t Cody having a seizure!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Glad the swing didn’t fall on him!

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
What a smart birdie! Got you up the stairs in a flash for some extra time together!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Glad the swing didn’t fall on him!
She removes and drops toys frequently but they aren't as heavy and they don't make as loud a sound when dropped like the swing did. The toys fall downward and she is generally above them which is a good thing. I think that when Scully had his neurological issues it might have been because he was on a swing when Mulder unscrewed the eye screw and then Scully went tumbling to the bottom of the cage and probably got hurt. I might be wrong but I remember seeing that swing on the bottom of the cage a day or two before Scully presented with symptoms. Before the incident, I had seen one of them sitting on the swing while the other would fool with the eye screw. In fact I had found the swing on the bottom previously and just put the eye screw back in tightening it as much as I could and then hanging the swing up again. It's just a guess since there was never a definitive diagnosis regarding what caused his issues.

I'm trying to remember to make the quick links extra tight. She actually over-tightened one of the links and I can't remove that toy now. Tried to do that with a blunt nosed pliers while she was in the cage and it freaked her out. My mistake.

Last edited:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
She removes and drops toys frequently but they aren't as heavy and they don't make as loud a sound when dropped like the swing did. The toys fall downward and she is generally above them which is a good thing. I think that when Scully had his neurological issues it might have been because he was on a swing when Mulder unscrewed the eye screw and then Scully went tumbling to the bottom of the cage and probably got hurt. I might be wrong but I remember seeing that swing on the bottom of the cage a day or two before Scully presented with symptoms. Before the incident, I had seen one of them sitting on the swing while the other would fool with the eye screw. In fact I had found the swing on the bottom previously and just put the eye screw back in tightening it as much as I could and then hanging the swing up again. It's just a guess since there was never a definitive diagnosis regarding what caused his issues.

I'm trying to remember to make the quick links extra tight. She actually over-tightened one of the links and I can't remove that toy now. Tried to do that with a blunt nosed pliers while she was in the cage and it freaked her out. My mistake.

Yikes! Big scary pliers! So far no one does that here. I do find sometimes the links opening up on their own and I try to keep an eye on them.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Are you sure the links are opening up on their own and the birds are not opening them? :)
I find links opened frequently and then tighten them down again but I know who the culprits are. :D

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Are you sure the links are opening up on their own and the birds are not opening them? :)
I find links opened frequently and then tighten them down again but I know who the culprits are. :D

Hmmm. I don’t know! JoJo is the one who beats up on the hanging toys so maybe he’s loosening them too!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Glad everyone was okay. Elvis unhooks his toys constantly. Or just chews the top part off...

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
How terrifying! So relieved everyone is fine. :faint: