• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

ARE BIRD PEOPLE "DIFFERENT" ?

Marcella

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Marcella
You can't speak Dutch but you can write it, however, you can't read it? Nine years married to a Flemish Belgian listening to Flemish whenever we went to Belgium for Christmas combined w/a couple of years of German at school. You forgot to include English along with the other languages - there are alot of words that are similar. Except for the fact that Germans seem to make long words by joining two or three together. I've always like languages, I can read some better than I can speak the language.

As for the Ford photo - Le's shoes failed to show up and those of us who had to wear the shoes that had been made found they ended up being at least a 1/2 size smaller thanks to having been dyed and dried. I was probably the most easy going out of the 5 or 6 secretaries who were used for the inaugural start-up party. somebody asked me who we worked for and when I'd said "Ford" he'd said, no I mean what agency. Then I told him that we were all Ford secretaries - that stumped him.

@cassiesdad My brother turned 59 today - he's already outlived my dad by 6 years. And you're in good company with us, we're all "baby boomers". Hey babe, talk a walk on the wild side. ;) Sixty-one isn't that bad so far.
@SandraK = where on earth did you get that killer humour???? Okay: full disclosure - I can read and speak Dutch. Writing skills not great. I am pretty sure I E**ED my written Dutch.
What truly made me LOL was "Germans seem to make long words by joining two or three together"!!! - I have taken language courses in German. My best girlfriend (our age) moved back to Vienna, after spending 25 years in Montreal. For some odd reason, I find German to be a very sexy language -
in this way:whip2:. French, Spanish, Italian.... vel, zee's are za language of amour. You must light up your Gitanes, 'ave une verre du vin rouge. Aussi, porter a kick-bum rouge a levres, and zee heels, very, very high. Und den you sweesh into zee room, trailing Chanel No. 5. Les hommes vil be mesmerized, by this exotic creature.

I hope Le's feet are permanently damaged: hammer toes, bunions, toe-nail fungus and all that gross stuff. Bring it on!

Bien sur, you did zee modelling for zee Ford Agency, vous etes pas une "Tractor Fille". Sorry, missing all my accents, bien, I don't geev a sheet!

Marcella

Real Name
Marcella
I also am looking verrry close at that number....my birthday is this Sunday, in fact, and it will mark that particular number. But, let's face it, it IS just a number. In my heart, I'm about 28...it's going to be my age for the rest of my time here in this level of reality.

I am reminded of a line from John Mellencamp's "Authority Song"... "Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying...and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun"...
@cassiesdad, the fact that you can still appreciate a great pair of legs.....well - that says it all! And Happy (SH***Y Birthday)!! Wanna get married?:batonthehead::doublelol:

Marcella

Real Name
Marcella
One thing bird people are NOT - boring! Such an entertaining and informative thread.

And eye candy from John (I'm shocked, shocked I tell you) .
And the gorgeous girls: Sandra and Marcella. You girls are my inspiration.
@Ziggy Stardust - it's all about the 'tude. Ya, John really blew me away! Glad you are enjoying the weirdest thread of all. You guys are keeping me sane - but of course, that is a relative term. I might have to visit you sometime. Whichita, Kansas? I bet you get some real good storms. Wizard of Oz territory. Oh, my - I do love me a real roof-ripper of a storm! Scary, but, you get to hunker down, with your water and flash-lights while Mother Nature unleashes her wrath. I ADORE stormy weather! It's the story of my life!
You, my darling, don't need an inspiration! You already have one: YOU!!! You may well weight 700 lbs and have a face like the back end of a cow. But, you have your humour - and believe me........it goes a long way. Frankly..we all look like dung now. But we lived, loved and learned. To come out the other side with a sense of humour intact - dat`s what it`s all about. Love yourself Ziggy!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
C'est vrai mademoiselle, je suis un peu foie mais je suis Brasilienne aussi. Zee killer humour, she came from a British and German heritage, combined with attending English schools in Uruguay and Argentina. Zee heels, zose ver lost many years ago. I've paid attention to the similarities of words in the different languages I can speak or read, and many have similar vocabularies with minor differences.

Marcella

Real Name
Marcella
I hereby declare, by the powers vested in me, that this is THE BEST THREAD EVER! I know that the Administrators, Super Administrator, Moderators, Ultra-Moderators, Supreme Administrators would disagree. This forum is dedicated to the well-being of our feathered companions, I get that. But once-in a while, we have to be persons.
People that share the common interest of bird husbandry. But people that occasionally need a boost, a laugh, a friend. If we can`t open ourselves to that, well.....our birds become our leaning post, our crutch, our child, the one thing we live for.....and, that`s not good for our birds and it is really not healthy for us.
SO, I DECLARE THIS THREAD TO BE OF RELEVANT NATURE!

Marcella

Real Name
Marcella
But, my, oh my!!!! SandraK, what a beauty queen!!! I never looked that regal!

Marcella

Real Name
Marcella
Tu est foie aussi m'amie. :highfive: :heart:
Vous etes exactement correct. Complement foie, mais, confortable avec notre personalities!!!! I think cassiesdad is stalking us! I love it, how flattering!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
@cassiesdad, the fact that you can still appreciate a great pair of legs.....well - that says it all! And Happy (SH***Y Birthday)!! Wanna get married?:batonthehead::doublelol:
Now I'm the one to be flattered. I've been married to Kathy for 32 years now. :swoon:

I'm her "boy toy"...because I'm much younger than she is....;)
where on earth did you get that killer humour????
I find women with a sense of humor incredibly sexy...:devil:

Marcella

Real Name
Marcella
@Marcella This should date me enough - it was banned in Argentina -

but somehow it was still played at parties.
@SandraK - Oh MY! Banned in Argentina? Hilarious. I recognize the song well, all the heavy breathing - phew - it is getting hot in here, or what!

Marcella

Real Name
Marcella
C'est vrai mademoiselle, je suis un peu foie mais je suis Brasilienne aussi. Zee killer humour, she came from a British and German heritage, combined with attending English schools in Uruguay and Argentina. Zee heels, zose ver lost many years ago. I've paid attention to the similarities of words in the different languages I can speak or read, and many have similar vocabularies with minor differences.
@SandraK, at this risk of being a know it all, mais vous etes un peu foie? I think you mean fou! Unless you face has turned to liver, which is what foie is....like ya know...foie gras? Sorry, but, that was tooooo funny!

Marcella

Real Name
Marcella
You're right, I did mean fou - as in as mad as a hatter. But a little pate is always good
@SandraK :chipmunks: :dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3: :feeldance2:

:cool5: You are too cool for school. If ever we should meet during this boulder-strewn, pot-hole engulfing, stomach-churning, brain-destroying, soul-snatching path of life. :wow:!!! Major Party! :yes3::yes3::yes3: - Champagne, chocolate dipped strawberries, gorgeous stinky French Cheese - Pont de Levesque comes to mind, and a particular ported Stilton and of course, goat cheese (the ripe, smelly one). Pate, bien oui, never could make myself eat Foie gras (poor geese! being force-fed like that). But I have made lamb testicles - completely delish! I used to be a caterer, amongst other things, so I do like to bumble around the kitchen.

Or course this gustatory delight will be served by our furry boys toys (@cassiesdad), sorry, no married men allowed. You will never get to see my legs. Poor you!

However, we need not dress-up for this - if you want to go for Birkenstocks and yoga wear, or sweat pants. It's all good. Personally I tend to teeter quite alarmingly when in stilettos. Then I get calf cramps, then my toes go numb, and my stunning legs won't work anymore. At. All. And THAT'S all BEFORE the champagne.

Or we could go Tex-Mex and wear sombreros! The sky is the limit. :thankyou::thankyou:for keeping my spirits up during this most inhospitable of times. :thumbsup:

Marcella

Real Name
Marcella
Now I'm the one to be flattered. I've been married to Kathy for 32 years now. :swoon:

I'm her "boy toy"...because I'm much younger than she is....;)

I find women with a sense of humor incredibly sexy...:devil:
@cassiesdad, well then I am sure your old lady (does she have a walker yet?), being that you are the boy toy, must have a great sense of humour. She's lucky to have such a wonderful boy toy. But, you still can't come to our party. It's only for "women of a certain age", who happen to be charming and delightful and posses wonderful sense of humours and (of course) legs. You are of course, permitted to send along titillating videos/photos of yourself at your prime!

We will review them with no prejudice at all, however, you will be completely with our MagicMike servers. So get that six-pack in shape! You will not be required to sent the obligatory swim-suit photo, nor tell else how you would save the world. A nice pair of faded Levi's (don't you even think about high-waisted ones) and shirtless will suffice.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
@cassiesdad, well then I am sure your old lady (does she have a walker yet?), being that you are the boy toy, must have a great sense of humour. She's lucky to have such a wonderful boy toy. But, you still can't come to our party. It's only for "women of a certain age", who happen to be charming and delightful and posses wonderful sense of humours and (of course) legs. You are of course, permitted to send along titillating videos/photos of yourself at your prime!

We will review them with no prejudice at all, however, you will be completely with our MagicMike servers. So get that six-pack in shape! You will not be required to sent the obligatory swim-suit photo, nor tell else how you would save the world. A nice pair of faded Levi's (don't you even think about high-waisted ones) and shirtless will suffice.
Unfortunately, the pictures of of my childhood, along with my brothers and sister, were destroyed by a house fire many years ago. :( The pictures and videos I have now are of my teammates participating in ice and dek hockey. Some great video, including actually seeing the play that resulting in one of my seven concussions.
Actually, one of my defencemen-six foot four, 295 lbs...ran me down. While I was "going to the Bahamas", his brother (six foot eight, 305 lbs) went by the person taping the game. The person asked,"What happened to Bob"? The answer..."HE heckKED HIM UP, HE heckKED HIM UP!"

Oh well, great memories. I'm off to order some birthday presents for myself....actually, I'm going to order some new toys for the budgies. Imagine that, it's my birthday, and my birds get the presents!

You ladies enjoy your party!:party:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Unfortunately, the pictures of of my childhood, along with my brothers and sister, were destroyed by a house fire many years ago. :( The pictures and videos I have now are of my teammates participating in ice and dek hockey. Some great video, including actually seeing the play that resulting in one of my seven concussions.
Actually, one of my defencemen-six foot four, 295 lbs...ran me down. While I was "going to the Bahamas", his brother (six foot eight, 305 lbs) went by the person taping the game. The person asked,"What happened to Bob"? The answer..."HE heckKED HIM UP, HE heckKED HIM UP!"

Oh well, great memories. I'm off to order some birthday presents for myself....actually, I'm going to order some new toys for the budgies. Imagine that, it's my birthday, and my birds get the presents!

You ladies enjoy your party!:party:
Don't think for a moment that you & your OH won't be included. The same goes for @JLcribber .

Marcella

Real Name
Marcella
I may be an old :yoda: party animal but by my standards, if you have an OH he/she is included in the party.
@SandraK - you have spoken!! Hear ye, Hear ye: SandraK is hereby unilaterally elected to be the "door-woman" at our fabulous PARTAY! Jeez, Sandra, I hope you don't bar me in a moment of pique! After all, it is me, who will be bringing all those rare, un-pasteurized French cheeses, that are actually illegal here in Quebec, but are sold nonetheless....psst! (location: darkly lit street corner..in sketchy neighbourhood, I am wearing a balaclava and dark sunglasses) ``eh, toi? Les fromages qui pû ?``

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
@SandraK - you have spoken!! Hear ye, Hear ye: SandraK is hereby unilaterally elected to be the "door-woman" at our fabulous PARTAY! Jeez, Sandra, I hope you don't bar me in a moment of pique! After all, it is me, who will be bringing all those rare, un-pasteurized French cheeses, that are actually illegal here in Quebec, but are sold nonetheless....psst! (location: darkly lit street corner..in sketchy neighbourhood, I am wearing a balaclava and dark sunglasses) ``eh, toi? Les fromages qui pû ?``
Can Milton come too? He LOVES cheese...:yes3::yes3::yes3: