• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone want some plets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Well today I stayed home from school, my scapular really hurts. I think I pulled a muscle after I carried the 2 bags of 50 pound dog food inside yesterday...ughhh....

So I told my friend I'd take in her baby plet (the only one that lived out of 4 eggs) and well she tells me to come over(not too far of a drive). But when I get there she doesnt have the baby:confused: It disappeared, just suddenly within the 15mins after I called her....:confused: This was the baby from the two plets she has that she handraised, and they laid 4 eggs on the bottom of the cage in a ball of shredded paper and shredded toys.

Well I get there, and baby is gone... and her mom and dad are(she rents her own place) there with their birds, and instead her parents tell me a fanciful tail about taking over their daughters breeding (they took the birds after my friend didnt want to breed anymore).

Well long story short, they want me to take in their pairs of birds and their babies and a lone handraise baby.

They want to get into bigger birds.:mad::rolleyes::(

I politely declined(I dont buy birds and I cant have any small birds do to having big birds);) But after much consideration I did take the green little female. She was on a shelf above their big screan TV between two Ivys. All their other birds were active, but this little female was so scared in a small "canary" cage and no toys and only a perch... and she was free.. so I said I'd take her..

*sigh*

I just got a text message via myspace, the parents want me to finish handfeeding their babies... free.

Any Avian Avenue member in WA want some pairs of plets and babies?

There are quite a few pairs and many colors! Free!

I still have to find a home for this Greenie plet. She is so scared. She hasnt moved once since I brought her home. I think I may just decide to raise one of their babies and pair her up. But we'll see.

:(

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Also I believe they have a few pairs of conures, suns and jendays and some tiels and lovies...:(

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
thanks for taking that little one in Mercedez, I hope they/you find good homes for the rest

:hug8:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Thanks..

Im putting up a craigs list add, and Im hoping some AA members here will be able to take them:D I dont have them, but once I have potential homes lined up, I'll bring them here and then be able to give them away. I dont want to bring them here and end up being stuck with there, and grow attached :( it just wouldnt be fair to my big guys or the little ones.

GRANNYKAT50

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
kathy
Glad you took the one greenie. Sounds like people like that should not have any birds. Too bad I am not closer. Good luck

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Im checking in on the plet and she whines like a baby! So I just find out she is only 5 weeks old!:( Im hand feeding her now.

danny

Strolling the yard
Ohhh, that is so sad. I hate it when I hear about people who get rid of their "small" and "boring" birds to "move up" to larger birds. Makes me mad.....Do you know any more about what birds they are getting rid of? I might be able to take one. I have been looking into getting another bird and I decided that rescue/rehome would probably be the best. Just wondering, do they have any green cheeks? Oh, and where in Washington would we need to come? If it were just me I would go pretty far to rescue a bird but, thats the sad thing about not driving yet....:( Thank you so much for taking the "greenie" that is a huge help even to take one!

carkam

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I might be able to convince the hubby with a small p'let, but worry about my GCC and that small of a bird. i live in the Seattle area.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Ohhh, that is so sad. I hate it when I hear about people who get rid of their "small" and "boring" birds to "move up" to larger birds. Makes me mad.....Do you know any more about what birds they are getting rid of? I might be able to take one. I have been looking into getting another bird and I decided that rescue/rehome would probably be the best. Just wondering, do they have any green cheeks? Oh, and where in Washington would we need to come? If it were just me I would go pretty far to rescue a bird but, thats the sad thing about not driving yet....:( Thank you so much for taking the "greenie" that is a huge help even to take one!
Responding to the red. I totally agree. Its so sad. And I've sent emails about mytoos.com and a HUGE variety of links to many sites about proper cage size, and behavior to expect from large birds, bite wounds, etc :)

We are just North of Seattle.

I did not see any green cheeks. But they has several suns and jendays. And variety of plets and budgies, tiels and lovies.

Last edited:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I might be able to convince the hubby with a small p'let, but worry about my GCC and that small of a bird. i live in the Seattle area.

Well just let me know :)

I dont know how long they will wait.

I told them a flat out "no thank you" when I was there face to face with them, but then via email I said "give me time to think".

And in the past when I told someone to give me a week to think, they sold the bird:(

GRANNYKAT50

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
kathy
I sure wish you were nearer to central minnesota. I have my two boys whats a couple me,:hug8:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
and for taking in this 5 week old (OMG, so young!).

She is still being handfed. Although this morning I barely had to feed her as she is now starting to eat some of the millet and seed and pellets on the bottom of the cage. She has yet to eat the fresh foods I put down for her. But Im sure she will eventually :)

f3ath3rs2

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Audra
:( how frustrating! If you could find a way to "move" them here I'd take a p'let and a few budgies if needed... too bad I'm not closer to help :(

How are the other ones doing and the new little one?

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
:( how frustrating! If you could find a way to "move" them here I'd take a p'let and a few budgies if needed... too bad I'm not closer to help :(

How are the other ones doing and the new little one?

Shoot if you were closer I'd give you them all :)

Im not sure how they are all doing. I went to take a look at them after talking to the mother, they all have food/water (although seed diet), papers werent very clean noor were the cage bars, and they lacked toys.. average neglect :(

I remember years ago they took better care of the birds. But because they want to be into bigger birds, they let the little ones be neglected.

Im not sure if I want to bring home a couple of the plets or notI dont want Squid to fight with any of them or them with her.. but I would LOVE to take a few home.. like the adults, so they will stop breeding...

I think I may end up keeping Little Squid :) I miss having small birds. And Im going to try my hardest to work things so I can keep her. I have casper my cockatiel, but he typically sleeps in my moms room. But its easy to watch him when he is out and about. Tiny birds just beam everywhere. Which makes me wary.

Ede-bird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Maureen
I live in BC - I wish I was closer - Thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking in that wee one - we have small birds...I wish I was closer...:)

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
I somehow have missed this thread. I so wish I lived closer. I would love to take them. These little birds have a special place in my heart.
How many total P'lets are there that need homes?
You got the wheels in my head turning.

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
I know every bird is different, and any two birds might not get along, but i'd just like to point out that i have a green cheek and a parrotlet who are VERY bonded. If anything, i'd worry about Toc hurting Cookie than the other way around! He's a little bugger:rolleyes:

f3ath3rs2

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Audra

I know every bird is different, and any two birds might not get along, but i'd just like to point out that i have a green cheek and a parrotlet who are VERY bonded. If anything, i'd worry about Toc hurting Cookie than the other way around! He's a little bugger:rolleyes:
Good point. I have a GCC and a P'let also but they are far from friends, they really could care less about each other. But they also never go near each other to hurt one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.