• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone Use A Lasko Ceramic Heater Around Their Bird?

CoachCorrieMac

Strolling the yard
It gets cold where I am in the winter and I want to be able to keep the bird warm at night when I go to bed. I have a Lasko Ceramic Oscillating Heater and wanted to know if anyone else uses this type of heater safely to keep their bird warm. I know there is no teflon in Lasko Heaters but I still want to make sure others are using them without a problem. Thanks!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I use the oil filled " radiator " looking ones, once burned off, never had an issue. :hug8:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I had a Lasko in with my Hahn's for a couple of years, and it was just fine, but I wouldn't want to vouch for all models. I have a Honeywell oil-filled radiator type heater in there now...

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
I also use the oil filled radiators when needed-I think they work great :hug8:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
When the birds are out of their cages I use an old Lasko to augment the central heating (I've had it for years). When they are safely in, then central heat and oil filled radiator heaters. Lasko rep did say not to use it around birds, but i just ordered a backup to my old one. I might not use it. Maybe look into the safe brand @Holiday has. What is it called, Holiday? The one your dad bought for you? :)

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
When the birds are out of their cages I use an old Lasko to augment the central heating (I've had it for years). When they are safely in, then central heat and oil filled radiator heaters. Lasko rep did say not to use it around birds, but i just ordered a backup to my old one. I might not use it. Maybe look into the safe brand @Holiday has. What is it called, Holiday? The one your dad bought for you? :)
Oh, that is the Edenpure that is now upstairs. Yes, it was/is safe :)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

CoachCorrieMac

Strolling the yard
Thanks everyone. Ill head to walmart and get one of those oil filled ones. How long should I let it burn off to safely use it in a room where he sleeps at night?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Thanks everyone. Ill head to walmart and get one of those oil filled ones. How long should I let it burn off to safely use it in a room where he sleeps at night?
We leave it on outdoors for two days until the odor dissipates.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is Honeywell ok? That is the only one I could find at walmart and Shopko.

I have a Honeywell, and it is okay. I don't know if all models are the same, but generally, the radiator-type heaters are safe after the burn-off.