• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone near NYC have a big bird and need a cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HungryBird

Rollerblading along the road
I saw this ad on craigslist. Only $85! Too bad the bar spacing is too big for my little guys! Someone get this bargain!

Bird Cage (Large)

trout

Real Name
Bobby
The gold color makes it look like brass, I wonder what it's made out of.

HungryBird

Are you sure it is brass? Do you recognize the brand?

LittleGems

It looks to me like an old-style Hagen cage. I used to see lots of them 15 or so years ago. They were brass electroplated

trout

Real Name
Bobby
It looks to me like an old-style Hagen cage. I used to see lots of them 15 or so years ago. They were brass electroplated

Yikes, I'm surprised a decent looking cage like that would be made out of brass. Guess that was back before people knew.

LittleGems

Most of the cages in the stores then were either brass or zinc electroplated. (I had a bunch of them!) Things have definitely changed!

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe
Most of the cages in the stores then were either brass or zinc electroplated. (I had a bunch of them!) Things have definitely changed!
So weird! Brass is such a soft metal, and tarnishes so easily.. Why would any manufacturer (even back when) even consider it as a bird cage? (The fact that it's a zinc & copper alloy & therefore unsafe, aside)

LittleGems

They did put a clear epoxy coat on top of the electroplating...so until that wore off they didn't tarnish at all. Once older then yes they did. I had some for quite a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.