• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

anyone heard of Savic cages?

datlamb

Sprinting down the street
i recently found Savic's cages for sale in my country, but i could not find any reviews for it. has anyone heard of /owned one and knows if they are good quality?
i am thinking of getting this one for a cockatiel

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
What country?

datlamb

Israel.
other large cages sold here are these however i could not find the manufacturer's site to see what the bar spacing for each cage is

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've had some of their ferret/rat/hamster cages and used them for rats (the hamster one was a hospital cage for an elderly rat whose movement was limited). They're good cages, expensive but well-made, sturdy and with some nice feathures. Their locks were particularly thoughtfully designed - lots of cages for small animals have rubbish locks that the rats would have figured out in no time, and indeed mine would let themselves out of a Liberta cage until I added extra clips. I don't know what their bird cages are like, but if they're as good as their small animal cages you'll be fine.

datlamb

thank you very much for your reply ! i am much calmer purchasing this cage now :) honestly, there is like 0 info on it online.

is anyone else familiar with these cages?

karen256

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
It looks like a nice cage to me, I'd ask them about the bar spacing to be safe (although it looks ok). You want spacing 3/4 inch (1.9 cm) or less for a cockatiel.
Also I would ask if the dimensions listed include the seed catcher at the bottom. I suspect they are counting that in the dimensions, so the actual interior cage space is smaller, but it should still be large enough.

datlamb

Finally they wrote me back!!
The dimensions listed are without the seed catcher.
And the cage's bar spacing is 16 mm which is 0.6 or 5/8 of an inch.
It sounds perfect! I just hope it's as good quality as their rodent cages. Only info I can find about this cage is from Russian sites! Haha