• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone Have Recipes for Parrot Soup....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
....because Honu is about to be made into it!

OK OK OK before you bite my head off, I'm TOTALLY KIDDING (and newbies...it is not proper parrot care to cook your parrots in any way! :D)

BUT

:yelling:

this bird won't stop SCREAMING!!!

He's been doing it from basically 3 -5 on and off in like 10 minute intervals EVERYDAY for like the last week.

I'm sure it's hormones...but it doesn't make it any less irritating to my poor bleeding eardrums! And of course it starts as SOON as I get home from dealing with a bunch of whining teenagers who are a month away from being out of school! :headsmack:

Of course, I'm not letting him see how irritated I am...so I'm in another room venting to so many of you who I'm sure understand completely!

And he's stopped for a moment....and then I hear the dog barking at the neighbor dog, and now Honu's started up again with a Petey chorus!! :faint:

I think I'm gonna need a few :drinks:to get through this month....

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Speaking of somebody whose drives me to drink, Wasabi had a screamfest earlier today. Then the neighbor's stupid dog started barking its brains out every time it saw me. I thought I would spontaneously combust.

So I understand your frustration. Sometimes I think Wasabi knows how much he gets to me and turns up the volume for fun.
I hope Honu settles down soon. As for the teenagers, I'll stick with a surly Amazon annnnyyyy day.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
There have been days where I have seriously contemplated a soundproof room.... for me to escape from them :lol:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Go out and buy a chicken. Show Honu the chicken. Cook the chicken. Offer some to Honu. There. Don't you feel better now? NOT! :hehe:

Does he scream when you have music on or the TV or if you sing? I can usually get Pedro or Emmie to stop yelling if I sing nursery songs or put on some rock and roll. Especially if I act crazy and dance with them for a while to get them into the music. Just a few suggestions. I guess he is just looking for lovin' and using his voice to announce his availability. :eek:

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
LOL Lois.... that would send him a message! hahaha Unfortunately, I've found nothing that stops him right now...he just loves the sound of his own voice!

A soundproof room sounds soooooo nice right now Jill!

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Must be Hahnsie horror week .. I with ya .. Kismet and Squirt have been raisin' the roof and shatterin' glass lately, thank goodness for doors!!!!

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
Must be Hahnsie horror week .. I with ya .. Kismet and Squirt have been raisin' the roof and shatterin' glass lately, thank goodness for doors!!!!
Oh gosh...TWO of them....I don't even want to imagine that horror!!!

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
It must be a Hahn's thing Jasper has been having his screamfests also. Maybe they are trying to see if they can talk to each other from long distances :) I bet you could hear Jasper all the way in Chicago from here :lol:

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
It must be a Hahn's thing Jasper has been having his screamfests also. Maybe they are trying to see if they can talk to each other from long distances :) I bet you could hear Jasper all the way in Chicago from here :lol:
:lol: I think I'd rather pay for a cell phone plan for him if it would keep his volume down! :rolleyes:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
My Hahns Guiseppe hasn't started the screaming yet but he has been trying to find nice cozy places to hide.

parrothelp

Meeting neighbors
don't jump all over me about that pic... I was talking to my friend, and her 'too was being, well, a 'too. I told her I'd threaten my birds with the crock pot..

The 'too went willingly in there more than once! she climbed right in, my friend but the top on, snapped the pic.. cover came off, bird popped out, then went right back in...

Very well adjusted 'too, that knows she won't *actually* be cooked for dinner! LOL

:) w.

mrstweet

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
Cuppy has been especially bad this last week too. I feel your pain. I think here it's because we're finally getting warmer weather. :hug8:

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
My birds feed off each other. Once one gets going they all get going. I also have two jack russells and they are very hyper and usually barking. Some days I feel like Im losing my mind. But wouldn't change it for anything.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:hehe: and I am sitting here trying to be quiet lest the budgies start in...oh oh, too late..I will have to tell dub that the budgies are really, quite quiet..

Status
Not open for further replies.