• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone’s bird(s) have screaming matches and or chatter to the neighbours pet birds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
My brothers friend that lives next to the block of land beside our house has 2 Cockatiels, they are outside every day, unless it is raining, and where they are outside is at the side of their house and my bird room window is directly across from where their Cockatiels are (outside), so my birds always chatter to them, and have screaming matches with them. Then, across the road, there is ANOTHER Cockatiel, so the screaming/chattering to each other goes from next doors Cockatiels, to my birds, and to the Cockatiel across the road, and it starts all over again, this is all day. :lol:

There is also an Indian Ringneck up the road which you can hear screaming sometimes, but I don’t think my birds have heard it yet.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Oh dear!
Thankfully, I think I'm the only neighbor in my area that has birds :D And thusfar, I think my neighbors are convinced that the calls my birds make are actually wild bird calls, :lol:.

love4birds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Nope, none of our neighbours have birds! But out here in the country, the only people that might be able to even hear our guys would be the couple right across the street... everyone else is too far away:lol:

Chewy and Spike do have screaming matches with each other though:hehe:

Andee

Walking the driveway
Yes I know exactly what you mean... someone across the road has an avairy full of budgies... and my little guys love calling all morning long... until it is time for some mash... then they get their priorities straight! :hehe:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
no other birds close here - Boogie does sound exactly like a cardinal and a carolina wren now and will call back and forth to them in the spring when the windows are up :)

crazyanimal

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Delta
I don't have neighbors with birds but mine do have screaming matches with each other.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Speak up. My hearing isn't what it used to be. :D

We have nightly screaming matches. Sometimes the birds even join in.

carkam

Avenue Veteran
Mine with eachother and my GCC with the kids outside! If he hears them screaming and playing, he joins in trying to be louder than they are!!

Pumpkin

Real Name
Tracy
No neighbours birds here but when my 6yr old has a friend over to play, Kiwi has yelling matches with them. :D

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
haha Too cute. I hear a teil a couple doors down from me. They keep it in the garage. I want to steal it. When my windows are open Chiquita starts screaming.

igors mum

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
deb
igor my alexandrine is always talking to either my tiel pipper or the magpies outside. he has screaming matches with the wild corellas and galahs to :o: (dont think he knows what he is lol)

Leza

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
Loki has screaming fits, then gets everyone else in a bunch, so they yell at each other for a bit, until he calms down.

mrstweet

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
No neighbor birdies here!

Leza

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
WOW i answered wrong. not enough sleep last night... :hehe:

the pionus grunt at birds like they are almost warning about an attack by a hawk or something..

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
My tiels squawk to my parents Amazon who live downstairs from me.. Although when there is a screaming contest the Zon always wins that one.. :hehe:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
When I get ready for work in the morning, this place is ridiculous. I need ear protection... Luckily, the neighbors don't. That's one reason I bought this place. :)

65sunnyday

Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
My sun conure Nicky has had conversations back & forth with local bluejays.

Coco's Momma

Real Name
Robin
I am constantly amazed at how much noise 3 male budgies can make... and I know who starts it. It's my yellow boy, Penske! But the other two join right in. They are also sparked by outdoor birds. And their chatter is more difficult on my ears than my parrot's screaming! I am constantly in awe at the volume than can come out of such little bodies!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.