• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Any one want to tell her she only has 3 legs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
Earlier I kept hearing the kids yell" DROP IT" and "Sheba Drop it" I looked out my bedroom window and "the chase was on" What ever she had they wanted her to drop , just made her run away from them more - it's a game to her - They try to sound serious so she'll "drop it" but they're kids They don't have that Serious tone yet :hehe: so to her it's "play time" is all she is hearing LOL

I sure wish I would of went out and taped it sooner, I stood in my window watching for about 10 mins, I swear i was watching those dog shows where the dog weaves in and out of the poles, runs up and down a teeter totter and through a tube

She was weaving around the bikes, around the yard toys (the color full things off to the left) around trees, under the chair around the Push Mower, Like a PRO But by the time I got out there the chase was almost over LOL and they finally got her to drop what she had

Which was a walnut, they know I don't want her getting them (I think they're toxic to dogs) but in our yard its hard because its covered in them when I first moved here I took brown grocery bags(the paper bags not plastic) and started picking them up, I was sick of stepping on them they hurt, bare foot or not

I ended up with 9 bags Full before i gave up

But I'll try to see if we can't recreate it tomorrow only with something non toxic and get a better video

this one is short, with a couple pics to follow

~ The Chase is on ~

So what does your dog do after a good ole' run through the back yard??

Mine comes in and climbs under my pillows for a nice nap

Can you see her?

how's bout now?

so Tuckered out

It is so hard being a dog

she does this same thing with my blankets when she wants to go to sleep and it's too"bright" :rofl: She doesn't realize she has 3 legs nor does she realize she's a dog! She thinks she's all human like us

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It does look like she is running an agility course!

Matt

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
she does this same thing in the house too every time she comes back in from being outside for a while, she'll run in the door into my room jump on my bed, jump off the other side(further away from the door) around my bed down the hall through the kitchen into the living room up on the couch off the couch on the loveseat off the love seat and make her way back to my room and start all over again that goes on for 2-3 mins then she just falls over some where all tuckered out for about 15 mins then starts again lol

when she does it and company is over that doesn't know she has 3 legs, when she stops and lays down they're like "OMG she's missing a leg and can still run like that?" :dance4:

she's my baby and she knows it lol

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
She will always amaze and delight me. :D

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
:D your not alone, I pretty much watched her with my jaw on the ground,

and man does she think she's this HUGE big bad Dog, our neighbors have 3 dogs 2 huge one (one like Marmaduke from the cartoon) a lab mix and then some little Jack Russel mix - they're yard is fenced in (as long as the elderly man remembers to keep the garage door closed that is) but yesterday morning their dogs was out in their yard, I let sheba out so the kids could put her on her tie out while they were out playing She saw the neighbors dog and started running the length of the fence, Growling, barking, snarling fur standing on end, She wanted a piece of that big ole' Marmaduke dog(his name happens to be Duke LOL) and she wasn't listening to any one! finally the kids cornered her and snatched her up

this dog If wanted to (and the other big one) could very easily come right over the fence, I have pics some where of them Standing on their hind legs at the fence they Tower this thing! one good jump and they'd be over in a heart beat

Last summer we spent most of it going and finding the 2 big ones and bringing them home, The elderly man would Forget to close the Garage door or the gate and they'd get out and run off , but that's when sheba was spending her days in her big pen, and she always told on them LOL

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
how amazing and wonderfu l and heartwarming....:heart:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Kelli Sheba is one special dog. That just made me smile to see her running like that. :hug8: You did such a good job nursing her back to health..

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
she is special and very cute:hug8:

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Kelli Sheba is one special dog. That just made me smile to see her running like that. :hug8: You did such a good job nursing her back to health..

thank you :)

we realized the other day when she was out side and my b/f bent down to pet her that all her fur finally grew back. I said WAIT when in the heck did that happen? just the other day it was not grown in - you could tell it was growing in but could still tell she had been shaved now you can't tell at all she's been shaved and it was only 2 or 3 days difference from it still looking shaved to being fully grown in

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.