• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Any mynah bird fans here ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

turacan

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
hm
Just wanted to know if there was any mynah bird keepers or breeders here.i would like to own a pair but unfortunately they are quite rare and expensive in the u.k . they go for around 600-800 each !! that's about 1,200 dollars.i'm probably going to stick with turacos and starlings for now anyway.
but just wanted to know.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
They're not very common in the U.S that I'm aware of. I think they are amazing, beautiful and very smart! :heart:

snackies

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rebecca
I didn't really know so many different types existed until I just googled them, haha. we have lots of indian myna's that are pests and australian native miners here, they are always dive bombing my cat when her walks near their tree, lol. these ones are really pretty. o_____o Bali Starling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
It was actually a mynah bird that made me so facinated w/parrots. When I was 5, we lived in front of a couple who had a mynah, he was a great talker. I used to sneak off & listen to him. In the summer they had his cage on the screen porch. An amazing bird, he knew the dirty alphabet :eek: & I can still hear him calling for the man in his wife's voice, Huuubert! :lol:

BirdsFTW

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maya
Hawaii is overrun with the common Indian Mynah. My mom calls them the "mean birds" in Japanese, because every time she tries to feed the birds in her backyard the mynahs bully all the smaller birds away. :lol: Because they are so invasive, they are illegal to import here.

They are very cool, though... several months back, I had an interaction with a fledgling that flew to our window and wanted me to feed him/her. Hehe. I pushed my screen out so I could stick my fingers out and it perched on me and opened it's beak to my fingers, begging for food. S/he stuck around, hopping along the railing, until mommy or daddy came along. It amazed me that a wild bird like that would be so tame around a human.

Status
Not open for further replies.