• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Another question about vacations..

ShannonLB

Strolling the yard
I am going away for 3 days and we have only had Squawkers for about a month..my mother in law is willing to keep him at her place while we are gone,do you guys think the poor baby will be ok with that? Or should I just have someone come in and tend to him? At my mother in laws at least he would have attention and not be alone but I'm just worried about him.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I am sure he will be just fine and it is for a short period of time.

RJ Noodle

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
I, too, think he will be fine with MIL. And, like you said, he won't be all alone at home with someone just coming in a couple of times a day. Have a great trip and you can always have Face Time with Sqawkers :p

Gypsy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Denise
Better to be at MIL so Squawkers doesn't feel abandoned. Does she have birds?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Just make sure she understands about the danger of teflon and smells, etc. and give her a list of food stuffs that they can feed the birds. . . . . my in-laws love my birds.

ShannonLB

Strolling the yard
She has 2 tiels I'm going to be sure that Squawkers is not put in the kitchen area and I will be preparing his food ahead of time :) thanks everyone for your input..who would have thought it would be so nerve wracking leaving a bird behind! I also have tiels and budgies but they do fine with someone just refreshing food and water for them :)

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I do this more often than I probably should, :lol: and I usually take 5-7 days trips. My birdies actually seem very excited when they get to go to a new place to play for a couple of days. Josie does, at least - she loves strangers, haha, and is way more affectionate with them than with me, LOL. There was one time I was actually super lucky I boarded the birdies at a friend's house -- came back from holiday, to a completely dark and freezing house (Christmas time). Power was out for several days so no heat, but miraculously my friend's house wasn't affected and the birdies were toasty warm. Very good stroke of luck :dancing:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
It should be fine ;)

ShannonLB

Strolling the yard
MIL is excited to have him although she may change her mind after she hears him squwaking long enough lol

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
They are like kids, they usually behave much better for someone else!!! :)