• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Another Huge Milestone for Cochise

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M.C Bird Rescue

Thats awesome Carole. Cochise is adorable!!!! YAY

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you Crystal:hug8:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
OMG Im in love with your HH!:heart::heart:He sounds sooo sweet!!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you Mercedez. He is really a sweetie. I keep wondering, if parrots that come from bad situations biting and misunderstood, were just treated gently and kindly, how many would turn around like he has. In my inexperienced beginning with parrots, I might have just termed him a 'biter', and given up. One of my very first parrots was a Mexican red headed, he bit the you know what out of me. I was very young. I cannot remember what happened to him, but I know I did not keep him.:(:(
To see how much Cochise has changed, really makes me feel good.
Titanis, they just seem more aware of their surroundings. Also, he is very smart. I have taught him when he is out playing in the bird room, and I need him to go to his cage, I just tell him and he flies over and gets in. Sometimes it just takes a few minutes, but he knows what I want him to do. Cochise has stolen my heart.:heart:

Last edited:

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
Titanis, they just seem more aware of their surroundings. Also, he is very smart. I have taught him when he is out playing in the bird room, and I need him to go to his cage, I just tell him and he flies over and gets in. Sometimes it just takes a few minutes, but he knows what I want him to do. Cochise has stolen my heart.:heart:
Is he your favorite?

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Is he your favorite?
Shhhhh;):lol:
Seriously though...
Favorite is not a word I use with my own little family. Each one has their own unique difference, and endearing qualities. :hug8:

Last edited:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh yes, very mush extra aware and a different sort of intelligence. Cash notices everything, the slightest little change is always noticed. Someone had mentioned that it may be due to the fact they dont naturally have big flocks (in the wild typically 5 or less I believe), which makes perfect sense to me. One would have to be more aware if you live a relatively solitary life, especially as a prey animal.

Im so proud of the progress you have both made!!!

For me I dont feel bad about saying Cash is my favorite... I love them all for their own reasons but of all my birds, he and Rasta (RIP) have touched a deeper place in my heart and will always be extra special. :)

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
For me I dont feel bad about saying Cash is my favorite... I love them all for their own reasons but of all my birds, he and Rasta (RIP) have touched a deeper place in my heart and will always be extra special. :)
What's interesting is the comments made by people living in the countries where many of the familiar parrot species in aviculture occur naturally. HH are highly prized as pets and are one of the two or three commonly cited as being a favorite species. There must be something to their impressions. :cool10:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
That's why I said Shhhh:shh: I admit, if I was forced to give them all up but one....
Cochise would still be my little buddy.:)

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are really amazing for sure :D I never expected that they would be so different. They really are very special :) They may not be for everyone but for those that love their particular traits you really cant find a more amazing bird. I am so so happy Cochise ended up with you Carole :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you very much Jill. I am glad we share an understanding for our little HH's.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.