• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Another forager

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Made this out of a section of 3" toilet paper roll. Put a few treats in it. When Freddy get too excited in the living room something to redirect his energy. 1520866265366-978434711.jpg

Jas

Real Name
Jasmine
I do this too, though I have to poke holes in them

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Made this out of a section of 3" toilet paper roll. Put a few treats in it. When Freddy get too excited in the living room something to redirect his energy. View attachment 271778
Good idea to have a distraction & that looks like a fun forager. :)

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
He loves anything made from toilet paper or paper towel rolls. When he gets more comfortable I have a toy basket with chewables & small balls. He did check that out over the last couple days too. Really enjoying him now that he's comfortable with us or getting there. Today we walked around the house & looked out windows. He liked that. I also folded clothes & he watched me rinse dishes for the dishwasher. Seemed to like being with me to do things. My son wanted me to have Freddy wake him up lol. He was cute watching everything. Just like a kid.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
The empty rolls are a big Milton favorite. He will shake his head if you ask him if he wants one...:)

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
The empty rolls are a big Milton favorite. He will shake his head if you ask him if he wants one...:)
Haha Milton has to be so cute! I can just picture him shaking his head too. Freddy is afraid of the whole roll, so I cut it in 1" rings. I've been so excited the last few days. Freddy was so pooped last night he went to bed an hour early! I am sure it's a lot for him to process. I did things with Freddy for a couple of hours this morning and he played on his cage top for a couple of hours. He's fun.

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Good idea to have a distraction & that looks like a fun forager. :)
Freddy tends to nip Joe more than me. Joe says I have much better control with him. I am not sure why that is. I may have more patience. But Joe doesn't hurry Freddy at all. And both Joe and my son says Freddy is more relaxed with me too. And everyone says he listens to me. Could be just my voice too. Not to mention I'm crazy about him. :)

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Luv Bug hangs out on me more than hubby, probably because I pay her more attention; preening pins, feeding, holding beads for her while she ants, etc, but she is nicer to hubby. They have a much better relationship. I'm just the maid / horsey. :rolleyes: (She rides around on my back as I crawl around the floor putting her beads & toy parts back into her tupperware.)

It still amazes me that they realize our different roles. :)

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I have read that paper towel rolls are bird safe to make toys from but that the cardboard roll inside toilet paper is not. I have no idea if this is true.

Letters: Paper towel and toilet tissue rolls
Thank you for this! I guess the concern there is that even though there's no zinc in toilet paper rolls, there's a possibility of bacterial contamination.

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Luv Bug hangs out on me more than hubby, probably because I pay her more attention; preening pins, feeding, holding beads for her while she ants, etc, but she is nicer to hubby. They have a much better relationship. I'm just the maid / horsey. :rolleyes: (She rides around on my back as I crawl around the floor putting her beads & toy parts back into her tupperware.)

It still amazes me that they realize our different roles. :)
Oh yes for a while I felt like the housekeeping service! Lol! Now Freddy's been coming to me for cuddles and kisses since he's realized Joe does not cuddle or kiss lol. Joe says that's a mommy thing lol

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
She rides around on my back as I crawl around the floor putting her beads & toy parts back into her tupperware.)
Feels so good that I am not the only one who does that!:rofl:

That is a Nice forager, I am glad Freddie likes it!