• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

And.... here we go

Nala92

Meeting neighbors
Taco, my female lovebird and I have a rocky relationship. I mean ... yeah. Just what you would expect from a female lovebird. But we were doing good. We were back to training, and I found a way to get her out of the cage.
Now she had a wound on her littel feet. To make sure she didn't touch it, she has a mini cone of shame on.

Because of her being in breeding mode 24/7, I never give her any newspapers. But now I kinda needed to do it to have her distracted.

Today or tomorrow I need to remove her cone of shame. I need to grab her and she will not trust me again. It really makes me sad. I mean. We worked soooo hard. Oh well. I am going to order some extra millet

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Because of her being in breeding mode 24/7, I never give her any newspapers. But now I kinda needed to do it to have her distracted.
Instead of paper, tie a foot toy to the cage wall for her to fuss with. something she can pick at. Ultimately she may destroy it but she'll have to work a little harder than paper.

I am going to order some extra millet
Yes, plenty of millet and being around her cage!

I chose this toy for my bird, had things to preen and crinkle paper to pull out;
IMG_20240116_202207.jpg

And when I take the collar off in the afternoons, I have put some palm leaf to distract him away from picking his freshly healed skin,
IMG_20240129_123104.jpg

Nala92

Meeting neighbors
Thank you for your advice! She doesn't care about other things besides
- Millet
- Paper
- Other food

For a while I had tougher paper. That worked. Up until she figured out she can shred that too.

Your little one is cute @Zara

IMG_7851.JPG

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Got to love a female lovebird haha mines behaving at min too she’s being lovely actually back to following me around not had a bite in a good week (jinked myself now )

mine love wooden sticks have you tried them ? Or these wooden squares I will take a picture

Nala92

Meeting neighbors
Taco her cone of shame is off. And it was kinda hard to get it off. She hates me. It makes me sad. But I know the grabbing her was for her own good. It’s just not how I roll. I hope she will forgive me someday.

Attachments